Play-off Semis, Morton v Montrose

I have  to say that audacious line up last night by Gus took baws. It raised more than a few eyebrows but he got us the win. He even said in his pre-match interview that the subs will be crucial, and McGuffie hits the winner in the last minutes.

If we had lost it would have been a different story of course, but fair play to him he got it right and the majority if not all of us got it wrong.

Now on to Airdrie :) 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

E1K3k2GWYAETJMW.jpeg.thumb.jpg.f242c34af776828c41f6e733aaef498a.jpg

Tremendous picture of the winner.

Absolutely brilliant photo - pic of the season by a mile.

What a way, and what a time, to win that game. I’m sure he meant it - brilliant piece of skill.

I wasn’t looking forward to playing Cove if we got through, we wouldn’t have  kept out that forward line in either game. Don’t know what Airdrie are like, bar what I’ve read, but bring it on.

Credit to Montrose. They’ll be gutted that the didn’t put the tie to bed on Saturday, when they should have.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Bobbing up to the surface again like a jobby that won't flush. 

🤣🤣🤣    Classic stuff. Talk about “open mouth, insert foot”.........   You’d only been absent for a few pages, vt, no need to announce that you were back.......

.......but thanks for playing.         👍

Watched the match last night - there was nothing between the two teams until extra time, when Morton began to take control of the game.

Regarding the winning goal - it looked very much like it was intended as a cross into the box, but obviously went in the back of the net.

Not a great game to watch and no real stand out players, but a tough game to lose with only a couple of minutes before a shot out.

7 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I have  to say that audacious line up last night by Gus took baws. It raised more than a few eyebrows but he got us the win. He even said in his pre-match interview that the subs will be crucial, and McGuffie hits the winner in the last minutes.

If we had lost it would have been a different story of course, but fair play to him he got it right and the majority if not all of us got it wrong.

Now on to Airdrie :) 

Mixture of desperation and taking account of the condition of players/extra-time... he deserves credit for the second part of that: having the courage to pick a team for the latter stages while you're behind in the tie takes some nerve (and desperation...). (Still think a number of the players on the bench weren't 100% fit, btw.)

Looking forward to the absolute meltdown when he brings McGinty back in next week...

Overall, I think we might see the same pattern again: a more 'predictable' team for the first leg (although Airdrie play a back three...), then two or three held back on the bench for the second leg.

The tie overall is even money... but we're still here.

[p.s. to say anybody saying McGuffie's goal was a fluke should get a two-week ban. Unacceptable behaviour.]