Play-off Semis, Morton v Montrose

Felt Morton deserved their win. They were certainly better than on Saturday. I was sure it was heading for pens but I think it was better to lose like we did than lose the shoot out. That said, I would have been happier with a win.

Not easy to pick a winner for the final two games.

Took me a second before I realised that cross went into the net. Absolute sickener for Montrose. Their players were absolutely knackered, but Morton didn’t look any fitter. Neither side created too much after the first half, but Terry Masson should have done a lot better with his late sight of goal. All the credit to Montrose tonight. Have to also say that I liked the Morton commentary team who were reasonably fair, and also Andy Ritchie’s recollections of Dennis D’Arcy.

Edited by kingjoey

12 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I’m assuming there’s over 500 season tickets sold, tombola for who gets in and the rest watch from the car park.

B8F57E8F-94DD-47D4-A40B-B32B569C125A.jpeg

Just under 500 I think.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Sorry if this has been answered but how did Morton manage to make all those subs tonight as reported? I thought it was back to 3 subs per game for the playoffs? 

If you are referring to the image shared earlier from the BBC, that was a mistake by the BBC.

Morton made 3 subs during the 90 minutes tonight (plus the permitted additional sub in extra time) so perfectly in line with the sub rules of the playoffs.

Next, you might want to go ask Airdrie how they managed to use 4 in regulation time plus 1 in extra time.

You will find that there's no story there either as their 4th was a head knock so allowed under the trial of concussion subs.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

If you are referring to the image shared earlier from the BBC, that was a mistake by the BBC.

Morton made 3 subs during the 90 minutes tonight (plus the permitted additional sub in extra time) so perfectly in line with the sub rules of the playoffs.

Next, you might want to go ask Airdrie how they managed to use 4 in regulation time plus 1 in extra time.

You will find that there's no story there either as their 4th was a head knock so allowed under the trial of concussion subs.

Thanks. No story, just wondering. 

I'm happy we've got Airdrie.......Cove are apparently a harder task.

Cove are a better footballing team. Airdrie are very much a bit more agricultural but can also play some decent football. We seem to be harder to beat. Picked up a few injuries to important players last night so will be interesting to see if they are fit.