Play-off Semis, Morton v Montrose

I would say good luck to Montrose in the final but I'd also like to visit Links' Park next season. Cove or Airdrie slithering up would be no loss at all so I can't root for anything other than that.

Petrie has done a remarkable job though and we need to find someone in a very similar mould for the long rebuild required. We can start by ending this 'full-time professional' nonsense which is an utter joke when you look at the jobbers on the park who can't trap a ball or pass it to save themselves.

10 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

the guy McLean up front is hopeless. 

greggy.jpg.41a27c72b40ee4f3a9965e7691229b72.jpg

Yus!

Below par first half, much more awake after. Two great goals. I refuse to get carried away (the scar of last time) but there's not much to fear in this Mor-ten side, I reckon they aren't terrible per se, but don't have any flair or x-factor about them, and they can't complain if they're going shopping for the bucket and spade on Tuesday night.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win. Very poor in the first half .. barely strung 3 passes together, which is unusual. Got the feeling we gave Morton too much respect and they looked a bit sharper without really creating anything. SP must’ve got into them at halftime because it was pretty much one way traffic in the second half. I was surprised how poor Morton were. Both Airdrie and Cove are much better sides. That said, we’ve been here before and ran into Stephen Dobbie ... so still a long way to go.

Just now, notsofedupendie said:

That said, we’ve been here before and ran into Stephen Dobbie ... so still a long way to go.

Well you'll be getting a sense of déjà vu when we unleash Robbie Muirhead on Tuesday evening. 

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What comes around goes around you match fixing arseholes.

Thank You!

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

What comes around goes around you match fixing arseholes.

Thank You!

You've already made an arse of that saying the first time, now f**k off. 

6 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

You did.

I was surprised how poor Morton were.

We were surprised how utterly fuckin horrendous we we in that second half... and we already know how poor we are.

That said, we’ve been here before and ran into Stephen Dobbie ... so still a long way to go.

He disnae play for Morton.

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Stop posting about the actual football.

Your irrational hatred of McGinn (and McGinty) is fuckin embarrassing.

Eh, what hatred of McGinn is this exactly?

My "hatred" of McGinty is based on a rational analysis of him clearly being the worst centre back in the division so I don't accept that it's irrational, but I am regularly stating the fact he's shite so I see why someone might interpret it that way or be rubbed up the wrong way by it.

I've done no such thing with McGinn, I've just occasionally argued that he should be dropped and regularly argued for him to be subbed during games, because when we have a desperate need to get up the park and create - like the Alloa and Arbroath games as well as today - he's a passenger.

He's capable of being a tidy holding midfielder who can recycle possession and had excellent performances in a game like Motherwell where there was no onus on us to attack, but he's not going to make any kind of meaningful attacking contribution in the way Lyon or Colville can, and this is especially a problem when we're set up with a midfield four as we were today. He was a complete passenger, as he has been for weeks,

There's no need for both Jacobs and McGinn in the same side and as Jacobs is the better player, McGinn's the one who should be dropped to accommodate a player who might actually create something in a side so devoid of attacking quality.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

You've already made an arse of that saying the first time, now f**k off. 

Oh, someone isn't taking the thought of relegation well. Dr Dre Reaction GIF

Edited by MS RR