Organised crime thread

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think there have been some attempts at prison segregation betweeen the Daniels and Lyons gangs. It’s difficult though - if you put a load of gangsters together you potentially create problems in that prison, it could give them too much power. Also, people might not have set loyalties, they might lie to staff about who they are ‘with’.

If the Lyons and Daniels gangs all kill each other and they all die how bad would that be?

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve noticed a fair few murders and unexplained deaths happening either in Greenock or involving people from Greenock. Most recent one just a few days ago.

According to the digger, a guilty pleasure of mine, the accident a few months ago where a few guys died in a crash wasn’t just an accident. 

I used to play football with one of the survivors of that crash and one of the lads who died lived a street down from me. At the time there was about a dozen rumours flying about at the time but none about it being anything other than accident. Every one of the rumours turnt out to be a load of shite right enough so the fact I hadn't heard that makes me believe it.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I used to play football with one of the survivors of that crash and one of the lads who died lived a street down from me. At the time there was about a dozen rumours flying about at the time but none about it being anything other than accident. Every one of the rumours turnt out to be a load of shite right enough so the fact I hadn't heard that makes me believe it.

Hopefully the phrase “don’t shoot the messenger” is read and understood loud and clear here.

At the time, I think the press used a very old court appearance pic for one of the poor guys who died and people put 2+2 together.  Don't think it was anything more than a tragic accident.

25 minutes ago, PWL said:

At the time, I think the press used a very old court appearance pic for one of the poor guys who died and people put 2+2 together.  Don't think it was anything more than a tragic accident.

Was it not the fact that the court picture was from a case where he stabbed someone to death?

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’ve noticed a fair few murders and unexplained deaths happening either in Greenock or involving people from Greenock. Most recent one just a few days ago.

According to the digger, a guilty pleasure of mine, the accident a few months ago where a few guys died in a crash wasn’t just an accident. 

What is “the digger”? 

Spoiler

Fully aware you’re not referring to heavy machinery made by Caterpillar.

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What is “the digger”? 

Hide contents

Fully aware you’re not referring to heavy machinery made by Caterpillar.

It’s a wee a5 sized magazine you get (apparently only on the west coast) where the guy basically is just a court/scheme reporter.

There was a documentary (loose term) I’m sure about the guy on YouTube or some ring at some stage.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

@virginton is WaffenThinMint....?

I'd better not visit the wonderful City of Greenock for a while...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Somebody will be having words with the boy that left DNA on the car.

With the advances in technology and cameras everywhere and millions being spunked on informants every year think it’s almost impossible to get away with an organised murder in any case these days. When everybody on the street knew who done this murder before the police did - the police usually find out soon after. 

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A jailhouse snitch and useable DNA on a burnt out motor. 

I'm sure that these are guys who did it but that's hard to believe that's how the police really found out. 

Not sure if all in that story but they had one of the boys on cctv with the car used, going in and out of his garage etc. There’s a show called Forensics (or something like that) on iplayer just now and a couple of episodes are gangland hits. Astonishing how basic some of the mistakes the perpetrators make are.

• 1 month later...