Organised crime thread

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I remember that, she was a one stop shop for money laundering for various criminals and had been pocketing their cash IIRC. Some questions about whether the police abandoned her to her fate, despite her acting as a police informant. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/655711/crime-spy-lynda-spence-was-left-to-her-fate-by-elite-squad/

Me and you might need to build a relationship over this common interest. Hit me up with your A/S/L please.

I think it’s easy for people to look at criminals, like Paul Ferris for example, and just assume their comments about police corruption, miscarriages of justice are all just lies or bitterness to cover up their own poor choices in life but the police and similar agencies definitely don’t do things by the book all the time.

On 14/06/2021 at 13:25, Torpar said:

If you actually get convicted of first degree murder then yes but Canada loves bargaining down sentences to avoid long trials. Also depends on your and the victim's skin colour, the Colten Boushie case shows you can shoot a sleeing Cree man in the the back of the head and serve no jail time. 

And it's peameal bacon, thank you/merci

I thought it was standard practice in Scotland for murder to be " reduced " to culpable homicide

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Me and you might need to build a relationship over this common interest. Hit me up with your A/S/L please.

I think it’s easy for people to look at criminals, like Paul Ferris for example, and just assume their comments about police corruption, miscarriages of justice are all just lies or bitterness to cover up their own poor choices in life but the police and similar agencies definitely don’t do things by the book all the time.

And the you know whats were mentioned w.r.t. the death of the p.I. in the UK news recently

Documentary about the ongoing gang violence in Dublin.  it's from a few years ago but is an interesting watch, particularly the conclusions from the Sunday World reporter right at the end.

On 20/06/2021 at 08:28, ICTChris said:

I remember that, she was a one stop shop for money laundering for various criminals and had been pocketing their cash IIRC. Some questions about whether the police abandoned her to her fate, despite her acting as a police informant. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/655711/crime-spy-lynda-spence-was-left-to-her-fate-by-elite-squad/

One of my work colleagues at the time was visited by the police. Turns out Lynda Spence had been faking property valuation reports for new developments in Glasgow, putting his name and a fake signature on them, and using it to get the Chinese community to put deposits down on non-existent properties!    

It’s more than ten years since that case. I worked for Standard Life Investments at the time and remember the missing persons notices on the buses and on the street. My office was a few hundred yards from where he killed her, in the same block of buildings. A truly despicable man and awful crime. One chilling thing about it is that he wasn’t some sort of hardened criminal - there’s no evidence he was ever violent to anyone before. Yet after he brutally murdered a woman (in public) he was calm enough to put the body in his car, go back to the office, set up a meeting in Argyll as cover for disposing the body and act like nothing had ever happened. 
How many other people who are capable of this go through life quietly, not even knowing themselves how cold blooded they can be? How many people in your workplace could do it, how many people do we walk past in the street or supermarket every day who have the capacity for horrific violence? 
WTM

Going back 15/20 years I worked in the Lismore in Partick, which was owned at the time by a well known Glasgow "businessman". One of my first shifts in there, some boy with more than a few second prizes on his face comes up to the bar, mentions that he is a nephew of Mr Beattie and tells me that he will have his drink on the house. Manager overheard the boys request and tells him that he will pay up or the uncle will find out what he is upto. Boy promptly paid and fucked off after his drink. Apparently he was well known for going round the various pubs owned by Beattie and trying the same move on anyone he hadn't seen working there before. Always wondered how many of the chib marks were self inflicted as a result of that kind of behaviour.

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There used to be a Twitter account updating on this has gone offline.  @Edinburgh_crime.  Wonder if the police have taken action against it.

The police would be the preferred folk to turn up at your door during this squabble. 

One of the papers mention there’s a video somewhere from a couple of weeks back of a car chase involving persons unknown driving after someone mentioned in the thread. He managed to evade becoming a toast rack. 

I saw someone mentioned in the thread going about his business the other day and he appeared to be being monitored by a big police jeep (the ones the armed police use) presumably as a peace-keeping force. 

Better entertainment that the Edinburgh Festival. 

5 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

The police would be the preferred folk to turn up at your door during this squabble. 

One of the papers mention there’s a video somewhere from a couple of weeks back of a car chase involving persons unknown driving after someone mentioned in the thread. He managed to evade becoming a toast rack. 

I saw someone mentioned in the thread going about his business the other day and he appeared to be being monitored by a big police jeep (the ones the armed police use) presumably as a peace-keeping force. 

Better entertainment that the Edinburgh Festival. 

The video is in this story - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/machete-attack-edinburgh-retail-park-24253902?_ga=2.159922877.1056889776.1623419423-494459416.1540384793