Organised crime thread

Daily Record report on the stabbing links it to some other attacks in the city, including one that seems to have been filmed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/machete-attack-edinburgh-retail-park-24253902?_ga=2.159922877.1056889776.1623419423-494459416.1540384793

I used to live 10 minutes from the Hell's Angels clubhouse in Parkdale, Toronto. Most of them drove modest cars. They had moved there after their east end clubhouse was raided and shut down, the residents that lived near their old clubhouse then complained that the neighborhood didn't seem safe anymore.  

They don't seem to have huge influence here, nothing compared to their Montreal counterparts. There are Mafia families here but most of them made their money in the city then moved to the suburb of Woodbridge, so most of the shootings in the city are Somali shooting other Somali, ironic that their parents probably moved them to Canada to escape violence 

14 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I used to live 10 minutes from the Hell's Angels clubhouse in Parkdale, Toronto. Most of them drove modest cars. They had moved there after their east end clubhouse was raided and shut down, the residents that lived near their old clubhouse then complained that the neighborhood didn't seem safe anymore.  

They don't seem to have huge influence here, nothing compared to their Montreal counterparts. There are Mafia families here but most of them made their money in the city then moved to the suburb of Woodbridge, so most of the shootings in the city are Somali shooting other Somali, ironic that their parents probably moved them to Canada to escape violence 

Is there not a significant Mafia war going on in Canada, with Sicilians v Calabrians?  The vast majority of Mafia murders in North America now happen in Canada, probably because all the yank wiseguys are doing 100 year sentences.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is there not a significant Mafia war going on in Canada, with Sicilians v Calabrians?  The vast majority of Mafia murders in North America now happen in Canada, probably because all the yank wiseguys are doing 100 year sentences.

While you get about a week in jail for murder in Canada.... I believe there is a "war" ongoing in Hamilton, maybe because it's closer to the US border and Buffalo but Hamilton seems to be more of a mafia town than Toronto. Toronto's "organised" crime seems to be as diverse as it's population Italian mafia, Eastern European mafias, Bikers, Jamaican Posses, Tamil gangs, Triads, MS13, Nigerian mafia etc Police say that the Hell's Angels are the 'Kings of the underworld' in Canada

The closest I've been to a murder is when one happened in 2015 outside the house I used to live in, clearly not organised, more an idiot who couldn't shoot straight, I saw the officer preforming CPR as it mentions in the article, it's still unsolved as we speak.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/2145968/multiple-victims-after-shooting-near-muzik-nightclub/

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah the Hamilton families are at war it seems, it's a rough city though not as bad as it used to be, I remember when "Fat Pat" was shot in Burlington. 

The Mafia in Montreal apparently have to pay a tax to the bikers to operate. 

1 minute ago, Torpar said:

Yeah the Hamilton families are at war it seems, it's a rough city though not as bad as it used to be, I remember when "Fat Pat" was shot in Burlington. 

The Mafia in Montreal apparently have to pay a tax to the bikers to operate. 

I think the RIzzutos in Montreal are currently being picked off by the Calabrians.  They were aligned to the Musitanos in that link and the attacks on the Rizzutos have weakened others.

The Calabrian mafia, the 'Ndrangheta, dominate the drug trafficking in Italy and in Europe and it's interesting that they have focussed on Canada in North America.

I am a bit of a geek about this stuff, be warned.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the RIzzutos in Montreal are currently being picked off by the Calabrians.  They were aligned to the Musitanos in that link and the attacks on the Rizzutos have weakened others.

The Calabrian mafia, the 'Ndrangheta, dominate the drug trafficking in Italy and in Europe and it's interesting that they have focussed on Canada in North America.

The "justice" system here is ridiculously lenient compared to the US 

This is a decent listen - https://thedarknorth.libsyn.com/ 

Edited by Torpar

How have you got time for all this shit?

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It's all going off in Canada thread for this pish

16 hours ago, Torpar said:

While you get about a week in jail for murder in Canada...

How can you say that? The crime rate for Canada is way lower than the US. 

14 hours ago, Torpar said:

The "justice" system here is ridiculously lenient compared to the US 

Minimum sentence before parole  for first degree murder in Canada is 25 years 

I'm smelling hickory smoked ham. 

On 12/06/2021 at 03:42, thisal said:

How can you say that? The crime rate for Canada is way lower than the US. 

Minimum sentence before parole  for first degree murder in Canada is 25 years 

I'm smelling hickory smoked ham. 

If you actually get convicted of first degree murder then yes but Canada loves bargaining down sentences to avoid long trials. Also depends on your and the victim's skin colour, the Colten Boushie case shows you can shoot a sleeing Cree man in the the back of the head and serve no jail time. 

And it's peameal bacon, thank you/merci

52 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What's gun law like in Canada? Can general citizens legally own them?

Can't say I've ever looked into it too much but I know handguns and automatic firearms are banned for sure, Ontario you need a firearms license for hunting weapons. But there seems to be plenty of handguns in Toronto regardless, 2019 there were around 500 reported shootings which compared to smaller cities like Chicago is nothing.

Possession of a firearm gets you a maximum of 1 year or $5,000 fine, sentences for gang activities really don't seem that high in general

On 11/06/2021 at 16:20, Torpar said:

Toronto's "organised" crime seems to be as diverse as it's population Italian mafia, Eastern European mafias, Bikers, Jamaican Posses, Tamil gangs, Triads, MS13, Nigerian mafia etc Police say that the Hell's Angels are the 'Kings of the underworld' in Canada

I had a mate who used to go to Sweden as a touring musician a lot and ended up hanging out one night with some guys who he thought were just a bunch of guys who liked motorbikes. They kept telling him they were Hells Angels and ran the drug trade in Sweden but he just took the piss out of them because Sweden is such a friendly place with little crime. Think he believed they were just some guys who sold some weed on the side. When he telt the locals about his night on the sauce they were amazed he wasn't stabbd for ripping the pish out of them and that these guys genuinely are the top of the criminal food chain there.

Turns out it's the same in New Zealand. What is it about friendly countries with low crime rates that leads to Hells Angels running the show?

13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I had a mate who used to go to Sweden as a touring musician a lot and ended up hanging out one night with some guys who he thought were just a bunch of guys who liked motorbikes. They kept telling him they were Hells Angels and ran the drug trade in Sweden but he just took the piss out of them because Sweden is such a friendly place with little crime. Think he believed they were just some guys who sold some weed on the side. When he telt the locals about his night on the sauce they were amazed he wasn't stabbd for ripping the pish out of them and that these guys genuinely are the top of the criminal food chain there.

Turns out it's the same in New Zealand. What is it about friendly countries with low crime rates that leads to Hells Angels running the show?

Outlaw biker gangs are major criminal networks all over the world.  There have been several murders in the UK linked to biker gangs in recent years.