Organised crime thread

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It’s more than ten years since that case. I worked for Standard Life Investments at the time and remember the missing persons notices on the buses and on the street. My office was a few hundred yards from where he killed her, in the same block of buildings. A truly despicable man and awful crime. One chilling thing about it is that he wasn’t some sort of hardened criminal - there’s no evidence he was ever violent to anyone before. Yet after he brutally murdered a woman (in public) he was calm enough to put the body in his car, go back to the office, set up a meeting in Argyll as cover for disposing the body and act like nothing had ever happened. 

How many other people who are capable of this go through life quietly, not even knowing themselves how cold blooded they can be? How many people in your workplace could do it, how many people do we walk past in the street or supermarket every day who have the capacity for horrific violence? 

Yeah the murder was in April 2010, they worked in an accountants on thistle street and there was cctv of her walking down the street but she never showed up for her work there and there was no footage of her coming out again so it was concluded he caught her in the doorway to the underground car park and killed her there and stored her body in his car and then he went about his daily business without anyone suspecting anything before driving near Oban where he disposed of the body. There really wasn’t much evidence to convict him either and they never found the body. He was a proper nasty fucker.  

35 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There have been plenty lads arrested at polmont train station or outside the spar in brightons having just been released from polmont jail within the hour. As most of them are released on license a simple breach of the peace or drunk & disorderly is enough to send them back inside, also people forget how much your tolerance for booze decreases through abstinence, after 4 months off it a previously heavy drinker could easily be steamin after 3 cans
It’s easy done
A friend told me...

A lot of the time it’s deliberate.  My mum used to work in prisons down south and it was known for people to be released and immediately start vandalising cars outside.  Absolutely no interest in going back to a life of chaos they had before.   A routine of 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in every night can become quite appealing.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

A lot of the time it’s deliberate.  My mum used to work in prisons down south and it was known for people to be released and immediately start vandalising cars outside.  Absolutely no interest in going back to a life of chaos they had before.   A routine of 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in every night can become quite appealing.

3 hots and a cot.

On 09/05/2021 at 13:37, Adam said:

There’s more than a few people in my work that I have previously felt are capable of this, tbh.

The guy sounds like a recidivist criminal, in and out of prison all his life, so many people are like this, just what they know.

I think a lot of them are habitual criminals who accept arrest as an occupational hazard and presumably accept imprisonment in the same causal manner.

On 08/05/2021 at 08:50, invergowrie arab said:

For people thinking nonr of this affecrs them. A major Dundee drug dealer built a new house around my way and his architectural tastes are utterly appalling.

Wanted to stay near his customers?

on a related topic as to the pointlessness of gangwar, I watched that Detectives documentary following Manchester Police recently. The episode where one gang has assassinated a guy over supposed dealing in their area. The head of the gang who was found guilty. The point where hes being interviewed and saying no comment no comment and they then mention his dna was found on the gun. You can see it all come crashing down in just a look. He realised it was over nothing and for nothing.

36 years he got. For feck all, for not being able to handle some competition.

34 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

on a related topic as to the pointlessness of gangwar, I watched that Detectives documentary following Manchester Police recently. The episode where one gang has assassinated a guy over supposed dealing in their area. The head of the gang who was found guilty. The point where hes being interviewed and saying no comment no comment and they then mention his dna was found on the gun. You can see it all come crashing down in just a look. He realised it was over nothing and for nothing.

36 years he got. For feck all, for not being able to handle some competition.

That’s a cracking series but seems to have been stopped after 2 episodes, maybe to do with legal appeals etc of some of its “stars”.

2 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

That’s a cracking series but seems to have been stopped after 2 episodes, maybe to do with legal appeals etc of some of its “stars”.

It was due to come back this month but has been delayed.  As you say, probably due to some of the people involved appealing or being charged with other crimes.

Apologies for the link to The Sun but as well as saying “Dode” Baigrie is in hiding and trying to eradicate any pics of himself from the internet they mention that the details of those that could be used to get at Richardson were passed to him by “a gangster from the travelling community”.  They don’t name him explicitly but if anyone has read the thread it wouldn’t take too long to join the dots.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7092066/bradley-welsh-murder-shooting-trainspotting-edinburgh/

🤫

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-record/20160729/281492160684310

Edited by Rasputin

30 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Apologies for the link to The Sun but as well as saying “Dode” Baigrie is in hiding and trying to eradicate any pics of himself from the internet they mention that the details of those that could be used to get at Richardson were passed to him by “a gangster from the travelling community”.  They don’t name him explicitly but if anyone has read the thread it wouldn’t take too long to join the dots.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7092066/bradley-welsh-murder-shooting-trainspotting-edinburgh/

🤫

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-record/20160729/281492160684310

The police have to be building a case against Baigrie.  I don't really understand why he was named, sometimes they don't name people in these cases.

Interestingly, the guy who was convicted of stabbing McGovern had previously been on the wrong end of an attempted murder.  No-one was ever convicted but a prominent Scottish boxer was charged with it and cleared when witnesses failed to appear.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The police have to be building a case against Baigrie.  I don't really understand why he was named, sometimes they don't name people in these cases.

Quite a bold move by the Police, trolling violent criminals. 

On 08/05/2021 at 13:17, 8MileBU said:

The gear linkage snapped on one of my old work van’s many years ago en route from Milngavie to Possil and ended up getting a tow to that garage at Lambhill. They were very helpful and fixed the gear linkage. 

Applerow Motors. They do my work van repairs.

• 5 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Round 2 of all this has been kicking off. 

Any details?

I saw something about a machete attack at the Fort, sounds like it could’ve been connected. No confirmation though.

Edited by ICTChris

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Any details?

I saw something about a machete attack at the Fort, sounds like it could’ve been connected. No confirmation though.

Bingo. Also had their chopper and armed, balaclava’d police dealing with a motorist around there too. Quite surreal seeing black-clad police brandishing machine guns on Edinburgh streets.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Any details?

Guy assaulted was an associate of George Baigrie who alledgedly paid for Orman to kill Welsh.