Organised crime thread

5 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Bonus points if you ever woke up with a horses head in your bed.

No but I’ve woken up to a few ugly cows. 

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
24 minutes ago, The Derry said:
I know a boy who has a quarter of a million under his mattress in Dundee.  Drug game is worth it imo.

If it's so worth it why haven't you got involved?

I'm a well renowned pussy.

Bradley was on a podcast with a Glasgow chap who had been involved in crime but moved into reality tv and now podcasts. He talked openly about his disadain for criminal gangs using guns and that yes, he was friends with Mark Richardson. He was friends with plenty of people who had been involved in crime, just as he was friends with doctors, business people, charity workers. He gave everyone the time of day.

He was opening a new gym once and I’d gone along to help out with some painting. A guy I didn’t recognise (he didn’t look like he was up for doing 12 rounds any time soon) uwas there to work with me and it turned out he’d just been hanging around that area looking to score. Bradley took him in, entrusted him to do some work for a couple of weeks and gave the boy a real boost to his self esteem when his life was in a dark place. He’d do stuff like this relentlessly to try and help folk and wouldn’t mention it or seek any credit for it. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I was on the jury on a case in the high court a few years back, and there was a staggering amount of security on the front door, it was for people going to another case - police, go thru metal detectors etc - turned out it was an attempted murder of Robert Kelbie (another local businessman) I think by Mark Richardson or an associate (?) and there were some unbelievably scary mofo's hanging round.............thank f**k I wasnt on that jury.

Depending on where you were brought up in Edinburgh, you may have rubbed shoulders with some undesirable people. I was brought up in Gilmerton and even as far back as the mid 80s, there were guys turning up in The Dykes (shithole pub I used to frequent) with broken arms relating to dealing on others patches.

Biggest issue is that these gangs are now firmly embedded and drug importation etc is their family business - some of the sons seem intent on making more cash and dont seem put off by the violence - There have been ongoing violent feuds involving the drug dealers (lots of whom are originally from The Inch and Gilmerton), and their contacts along the M8 / Liverpool.

Unfortunately, none of this is going to stop any time soon, too much money involved - genuinely wont be surprised to see further "enforced exits" from the business over the next few months.

The Dykes! Actually been in this establishment when I was about 17/18. My uncle says to me as we go in to make sure the safety was of on my gun! Some bar right enough. All my uncles and cousins and grandfather etc all drink/drank in the Robbins Nest, mind been chuffed to bits getting my first pint in the Nest with them!

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

For people thinking nonr of this affecrs them. A major Dundee drug dealer built a new house around my way and his architectural tastes are utterly appalling.

P&B implores you to go round and remonstrate with him.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

The Dykes! Actually been in this establishment when I was about 17/18. My uncle says to me as we go in to make sure the safety was of on my gun! Some bar right enough. All my uncles and cousins and grandfather etc all drink/drank in the Robbins Nest, mind been chuffed to bits getting my first pint in the Nest with them!

Only ever been in The Nest once, should be a nice pub, not sure thats the reality !

Gilmerton was a very parochial area when I lived there - like a wee village as it was so far from Edinburgh city centre.

Apart from The Dykes, there was the Ferniehill Inn, Gardners Arms, Mitchells, Gay Gordons and Gilmerton Miners club all within staggering distance of my misspent youth.

The only one left is Mitchells (Mechanic Arms) I think - although I havent lived in the area for +30 years.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Only ever been in The Nest once, should be a nice pub, not sure thats the reality !

Gilmerton was a very parochial area when I lived there - like a wee village as it was so far from Edinburgh city centre.

Apart from The Dykes, there was the Ferniehill Inn, Gardners Arms, Mitchells, Gay Gordons and Gilmerton Miners club all within staggering distance of my misspent youth.

The only one left is Mitchells (Mechanic Arms) I think - although I havent lived in the area for +30 years.

Not familiar with the ferniehill Inn, all the others I can remember.  You'd have had a chippy from Tony's then I'd imagine??

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Not familiar with the ferniehill Inn, all the others I can remember.  You'd have had a chippy from Tony's then I'd imagine??

Aye, and got a kicking (literally - one of the p***ks stamped on my head) from some brave Hearts fans outside there when I was about 12 for the "crime" of wearing a Hibs scarf while getting a bag of chips - on my own. 

Wankers...............

Daily Record giving a rundown of the case. I missed the detail that Welsh had phoned friends of Orman between the attack on McMillan and his killing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/murder-victim-bradley-welsh-put-24064712

one point is that Welsh was an easy target. Trying to kill high level criminals is very difficult because they are secretive and security aware. Welsh wasn’t like that and this was targeted. I’m sure he used to drive an old van with his name and gym on it, hardly difficult to spot. As Rasputin says, he did lots for people without any fanfare. Very sad case.

I had some dealings with the local crime lords. They were always generous and polite. One took the time to explain, in general terms, the structure of the organisation and how they avoided conflict with other groups and where it might be unavoidable. They run this along side other legitimate businesses.

Anyone who thinks that they are unaffected by organised crime is an idiot.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Did the Gardners not shut down straight after the bar staff walked out mid shift when some local crooks arrived and demanded protection money from them?