Organised crime thread

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Organised crime absolutely has a bearing on you, aye on you’re unlikely to be shot in the street, but the knock on impact of OCG’s pumping housing schemes full or heroin or dangerous street valium etc is massive. You’ve got OCG’s funding terrorist groups, human trafficking and child abuse too. Then theres the moves to legitimise their businesses or launder dirty money through fronts. People think its all shady gangsters and the like but the reach is massive and its everyone’s problem. 

If these people are not putting food on my table and I am not putting food on their table then they are of absolutely no concern to me. As for them funding these things you talk of…

F04E19AE-6A7C-44AC-BD39-DFE6E8C5FD3B.gif

17 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Same over here with the hutch kinahan feud
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutch%E2%80%93Kinahan_feud
Seem hell bent on wiping each other out, makes interesting reading

Organised crime in Ireland has additional complications, mainly the presence of heavily armed paramilitary groups who overlap considerably with criminals.  Dissident republicans are basically organised crime groups, same with the loyalists.

The Lyons gang apparently have links with Kinahan, as does Edinburgh based alleged criminal Darren Kelbie.  Kelbie was recently named an advisor to Tyson Fury and is involved in the MTK Global boxing promotional outfit, who have links to Kinahan.  Kelbie's house has been attacked several times and Mark Richardson was once charged with one of the attacks but the case was dropped.

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Organised crime in Ireland has additional complications, mainly the presence of heavily armed paramilitary groups who overlap considerably with criminals.  Dissident republicans are basically organised crime groups, same with the loyalists.

The Lyons gang apparently have links with Kinahan, as does Edinburgh based alleged criminal Darren Kelbie.  Kelbie was recently named an advisor to Tyson Fury and is involved in the MTK Global boxing promotional outfit, who have links to Kinahan.  Kelbie's house has been attacked several times and Mark Richardson was once charged with one of the attacks but the case was dropped.

^^^Will be found with his head nailed to the floor tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A getaway car used when Kelbie was gunned down (not fatal) was dumped by Harrison Park. The residents of Shandon were shocked that the world of inconsiderate parking has entered their bubble.

Liam Buchanan’s dad is an interesting chap... He sat behind myself and my pal away at an Airdrie game. Scary b*****d. His car’s licence plate was HAHAHA.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Organised crime absolutely has a bearing on you, aye on you’re unlikely to be shot in the street, but the knock on impact of OCG’s pumping housing schemes full or heroin or dangerous street valium etc is massive. You’ve got OCG’s funding terrorist groups, human trafficking and child abuse too. Then theres the moves to legitimise their businesses or launder dirty money through fronts. People think its all shady gangsters and the like but the reach is massive and its everyone’s problem. 

I've never really understood this. Surely human trafficking pays for itself? If it doesn't why bother.

Money laundering is obviously a huge issue but the police know exactly who is doing it and if they wanted to put a stop to it they would just harass accountants until it wasn't worth it for them to do it

The Kelbies are from traveller stock, so I hear, hence the Tyson Fury link 

Old jokes revisited:

What's the difference between Elvis and Sean Orman?

Sean Orman is definitely dead.  

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Money laundering is obviously a huge issue but the police know exactly who is doing it and if they wanted to put a stop to it they would just harass accountants until it wasn't worth it for them to do it

There is basically a drug epidemic in Dundee and everyone knows who it is that brings it in for the most part. They run a massive company that covers three major cities in Scotland. They also run a couple of charities alongside it and its a good presser for the Polis so guess what? We'll just go looking for the folk kicking mirrors off of cars, if you've any information call 101.

I was on the jury on a case in the high court a few years back, and there was a staggering amount of security on the front door, it was for people going to another case - police, go thru metal detectors etc - turned out it was an attempted murder of Robert Kelbie (another local businessman) I think by Mark Richardson or an associate (?) and there were some unbelievably scary mofo's hanging round.............thank f**k I wasnt on that jury.

Depending on where you were brought up in Edinburgh, you may have rubbed shoulders with some undesirable people. I was brought up in Gilmerton and even as far back as the mid 80s, there were guys turning up in The Dykes (shithole pub I used to frequent) with broken arms relating to dealing on others patches.

Biggest issue is that these gangs are now firmly embedded and drug importation etc is their family business - some of the sons seem intent on making more cash and dont seem put off by the violence - There have been ongoing violent feuds involving the drug dealers (lots of whom are originally from The Inch and Gilmerton), and their contacts along the M8 / Liverpool.

Unfortunately, none of this is going to stop any time soon, too much money involved - genuinely wont be surprised to see further "enforced exits" from the business over the next few months.

15 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I know a boy who has a quarter of a million under his mattress in Dundee.  Drug game is worth it imo.

Until you try and get out of it or someone decides they are having your patch.

18 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I know a boy who has a quarter of a million under his mattress in Dundee.  Drug game is worth it imo.

Always wondered how Charlie Adam was avoiding his tax bill 

Simon Pegg Wink GIF

25 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I was on the jury on a case in the high court a few years back, and there was a staggering amount of security on the front door, it was for people going to another case - police, go thru metal detectors etc - turned out it was an attempted murder of Robert Kelbie (another local businessman) I think by Mark Richardson or an associate (?) and there were some unbelievably scary mofo's hanging round.............thank f**k I wasnt on that jury.

Depending on where you were brought up in Edinburgh, you may have rubbed shoulders with some undesirable people. I was brought up in Gilmerton and even as far back as the mid 80s, there were guys turning up in The Dykes (shithole pub I used to frequent) with broken arms relating to dealing on others patches.

Biggest issue is that these gangs are now firmly embedded and drug importation etc is their family business - some of the sons seem intent on making more cash and dont seem put off by the violence - There have been ongoing violent feuds involving the drug dealers (lots of whom are originally from The Inch and Gilmerton), and their contacts along the M8 / Liverpool.

Unfortunately, none of this is going to stop any time soon, too much money involved - genuinely wont be surprised to see further "enforced exits" from the business over the next few months.

Video link technology was a blessing in this recent trial. Was gobsmacked when I learned the trial was going to be at Edinburgh High Court but then when it turned out the defendant was going to be giving evidence from a secure bunker somewhere in jail it made more sense.