Stranraer vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Stranraer

Jeez what a night! Neill, McAllister, Wilson, Wedderburn and Jones all solid. 
jones gets a tough rep but his hold up play was good tonight. Should have scored though but he puts in a shift and is a good out ball and not always the issue as some people would have you believe.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Big challenge there will be getting the right manager in place.

McAlister probably isnt going to go back to his parent club and continue with them. He'll have done enough to impress and would almost certainly get offers from the Championship. But will it be offers of regular football? If we do stay up then we should be targeting guys like Nick McAlister. Guys who are good enough to play regularly and who should get that chance with us. He's young enough that a season of regular first team football with Dumbarton could be the stepping stone to full time football elsewhere in the future. Needs the right manager to sell the club to players who are good enough to be full time in the near future but who perhaps need to be playing regularly at a part time club to help them develop a bit further.

I think we need to suspend all conventional close season thoughts until the new owners outline their plans.  This takeover appears so left-field as to defy even guessing, so we must await definition on how the combo of an English midlands-based Norwegian husband and wife, a Manchester architects practice and a Marbella-based financier plan to proceed.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing a lot of locus there to lower division Scottish football.

54 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

Jeez what a night! Neill, McAllister, Wilson, Wedderburn and Jones all solid. 
jones gets a tough rep but his hold up play was good tonight. Should have scored though but he puts in a shift and is a good out ball and not always the issue as some people would have you believe.

I was just about to post the same. I thought big Robert Jones had a very good game tonight. You can tell he lacks confidence in front of goal, but that aside he played the target man role really well. He was up there with McAllister, Brindley and Neill for our MOTM. 

Have the subs rules changed again for the playoffs? I read that for the championship play off game on the Airdrie Cove thread that it was back to 3 subs. Reading the line ups for the Morton game, it looked like they made 6 subs.  Seems a bit strange or misinformation. 

Have the subs rules changed again for the playoffs? I read that for the championship play off game on the Airdrie Cove thread that it was back to 3 subs. Reading the line ups for the Morton game, it looked like they made 6 subs.  Seems a bit strange or misinformation. 

3 subs in playoff games.
A 4th if it goes to extra time.

Then you’ve potentially got 2 concussion subs as well.
Plus potentially 2 more subs that get allocated if the opposition make their concussion subs.

So potentially 8 subs but the SPFL rules only allow 7 so that’s therefore the maximum.

The rule of 5 from 9 in the leagues this season (except championship) was a one season amendment to the rules and will revert back for next season unless the clubs push to amend again.

Confused yet? [emoji4]

9 hours ago, the snudge said:

They only made 4 as far as I can see.