Stranraer vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Stranraer

I've just watched the lob from Jones in slow motion. The amount of loft he gets on it is truly phenomenal and at its maximum elevation it very, very nearly goes out of the picture frame. I'm pretty sure that no part of his boot makes contact with the ball and it looks like it hits him just above his ankle. A still photo of it would have made for a cracking "Spot The Ball" competition in The Evening Times.

21 hours ago, Moonball said:

If our best chances could have fallen to any of our two players I'd have picked Orr and Duffy. Even more frustrating watching it back and seeing how close Orrs chance was. Majority of the time Duffy buries that one in the first half too. 

As a great Stranraer fan often says, onwards and updwards.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's not eligible for one, unfortunately. Only players who have played in the Championship and above in Scotland are eligible. Same goes with Jaime Wilson.

I did not know that there are rules for that! I thought playing professional fitba would be enough.

On 09/05/2021 at 09:19, 1870ToonBlue said:

Me me me me me your endless booooyyyy.. get a grip. Every week your on about the filming and if it was ok we will get someone to pat you on the back so you can wag your tail

I'm sure we'd all like to hear what services you provide to Stranraer and its supporters (apart from whinging about the manager of course). 

5 hours ago, the snudge said:

I did not know that there are rules for that! I thought playing professional fitba would be enough.

I got stung on it after I made Darren Miller's page. Took me ages because he'd been around a host of clubs, then he signed...didn't play a single minute in the league and left. So his page was deleted. 

Weirdly it wasn't always the case. Craig Brittain has a page for example, and he didn't play above the Second Division. I'm not sure if he counts as notable because of the amount of appearances he made for us mind you.

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's not eligible for one, unfortunately. Only players who have played in the Championship and above in Scotland are eligible. Same goes with Jaime Wilson.

That’s insane. Who on earth regulates/decides that?!

Edited by FifeSons

I’d give us a 50/50 chance of going through tomorrow. I don’t think being at home really gives us much of an advantage. Would not be at all surprised to see it go all the way to extra-time and penalties.

Got a bad feeling about tonight. All the pressure is on us. If Stranraer lose then it's probably expected as they're the lower league side. We need to win or we're down. It's 0-0, we're the higher ranked team and we're at home. We've had a terrible season and are so hopeless going forward that we'd struggle to score in an empty net. Huge amount of pressure on us. Difficult to see how Duffy puts a side out that can score, or even create many chances. Defence will be solid and big Wedderburn will graft. Beyond that? The Peterhead game was an exception. We don't have goals in us.

The thing is when we get the ball down and actually play football instead of this long aimless punt style, we look decent enough going forward. All too rare an occurrence though

Edited by the snudge

I think we might just sneak thru tonight maybe with a dodgy penalty but it will be touch and go.

Vital we stay in this league as it will give fans the chance of seeing what the new owners are all about with a 1 season safety net of not dropping pout of senior football.

Slightly disappointing we’re being charged 12 quid for tonight. Would’ve been a decent gesture from the club to offer it at a cheaper price, especially after Stranraer’s very decent 8 quid effort on Saturday and in general the support the club has received throughout the pandemic. It’s not exactly a game we want to be forking out for in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I reckon 4-3-3. Front 3 will be Wallace, Wilson and Jones. Midfield 3 will be Brindley, Wedderburn and Forbes.

That’s what I thought too. We’re being treated to Wilson wide again. Wouldn’t actually mind a 4-3-1-2 with Wallace as the 10, never going to happen though.