Stranraer vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Stranraer

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just watching the GoalCam and that second-half miss from Thomas Orr is truly remarkable stuff. Worthy of a Sons player this season. We got seriously fortunate there.

1146800715_Screenshot2021-05-0900_06_33.thumb.png.1e919c64f765705768239b4beb22c5a1.png

Unbelievable miss.

For such a shocking game, it actually should've had several goals.

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I've honestly never known what Langan offers.

To be fair... Wallace played half an hour, and I'm not even sure he touched the ball...that said, I'm surprised he's not getting more game time

15 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

That's the worst we've played in weeks. Really poor game. Hoof ball. Both teams struggled on our rubbish pitch. All u can say it's all to play for on Tuesday. Major technical issues prematch. Sorry about that. Thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown with the pressure of getting the stream online. Does your head in when hardware and software fail. Then I had to film the game with my nerves shot to bits. Thank god I've got out of editing it this week. Load of rubbish that game.

Me me me me me your endless booooyyyy.. get a grip. Every week your on about the filming and if it was ok we will get someone to pat you on the back so you can wag your tail

1 hour ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Me me me me me your endless booooyyyy.. get a grip. Every week your on about the filming and if it was ok we will get someone to pat you on the back so you can wag your tail

Bit harsh on someone giving up time to do something for supporters.

2 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Yes that is not clever, Here is a guy that gives up a lot of his time for free to help his club ,i say a big thanks to him 

Just watching the GoalCam and that second-half miss from Thomas Orr is truly remarkable stuff. Worthy of a Sons player this season. We got seriously fortunate there.
1146800715_Screenshot2021-05-0900_06_33.thumb.png.1e919c64f765705768239b4beb22c5a1.png

I thought it was a bad miss at the time but that really is miraculous stuff. That goes in 999 times out of 1000. We would be in serious trouble if we were 1-0 down going into our home leg.

I'm surprised Stranraer never had more of a go at us yesterday tbh. Both teams looked there for the taking.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you 'Bobby' Jones...

You can see what he's trying to do obviously, but an actual striker would have finished that no bother. Whether they struck it home normally between the defenders or lobbed it over the top but took about 20ft of height off of it.

The best I can say about Jones' effort was that at least it was on target.

Big Robert Jones must have one of the worst scoring records for a striker in Sons recent history. He’s played a fair whack of minutes and I can only remember two (i think?) goals, one in the league and one in the league cup iirc. His minutes to goal ratio must be right up there with the worst.

He can actually do a semi decent job at times and does turn in the odd good performance but you just can’t afford to have a striker who scores so few. At times he looks like a centre back playing up front and that effort yesterday was one of those moments. A striker with any natural instinct and finishing ability isn’t scooping that so high the defender has time to calmly get rid of it by the time it reaches the line. 

Considering how poor he was last season it is absolutely mind blowing to think that he has spent the majority of this season as our main striker. Imagine someone telling you at the end of last season Jones would be our main striker, most of us were up in arms he was retained as a squad player! Things like that are why Jim Duffy’s position is completely untenable and the minute these playoffs are done we should be announcing his departure. 

Phuck i thought out lot loved a moan[emoji1][emoji6]

Forbes on Tue night was a legend with a wand of a leg. FF 4days later hes a fat b*****do

Jones changed the game for you v peterhead. Mis hit a shot and hes sent to coventry

You.ll get through 2nd leg & probably final v Embra. Im hoping you do as not a bad away day with decent wee pub at station

Thing is, there was absolutely no need for him to even try and lob it. I’m still not convinced he meant to do it, just miss-hit it instead.
I know he can't shoot but he 100% definitely went for a lob. Not necessarily the wrong option but very poorly executed. Personally I think it should have been hit low and with a bit of power to beat the 2 remaining defenders.

56 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Phuck i thought out lot loved a moanemoji1.pngemoji6.png

Forbes on Tue night was a legend with a wand of a leg. FF 4days later hes a fat b*****do

Jones changed the game for you v peterhead. Mis hit a shot and hes sent to coventry

You.ll get through 2nd leg & probably final v Embra. Im hoping you do as not a bad away day with decent wee pub at station

Aye mate, we are basing our opinions entirely on one singular game.

Jones has been hopeless since he arrived and Forbes, who has had good spells with us in the past, isn’t offering nearly enough this time around. His moment of brilliance received the praised it deserved but it doesn’t change the fact that he has been poor since joining from Forfar.