Stranraer vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Stranraer

Credit to Stranraer for only charging £8. 

Hope the guys can pick themselves up for this after coming so close to survival last night. They’ve had a lot of (rightly deserved) criticism this season, but hopefully we can see a bit of the fighting spirit we showed against Forfar and Peterhead. We can do this.

11 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Credit to Stranraer for only charging £8. 

Hope the guys can pick themselves up for this after coming so close to survival last night. They’ve had a lot of (rightly deserved) criticism this season, but hopefully we can see a bit of the fighting spirit we showed against Forfar and Peterhead. We can do this.

It’s what we’ve been charging all season. Best (and best value) streaming in Scotland. (No bias here.)

Tremendous pricing from Stranraer. Well played. 

The game itself will be another brutal watch for us. If we can get a 1-0 in the first game then we're in with a shout. If Stranraer take the lead I'll fear for us big style. We just aren't good enough and deserve to be playing league 2 football next season. 

The sooner the season ends the better

8 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Hope springs eternal. Come on Sons!

It's only hope that springs eternal
And that's the reason why
This dripping from my broken heart
Is never running dry”

It might just be the mood I’m in but that instantly put me in mind of the Los Campesinos! song Hello Sadness.

Let’s just hope that Duffy goes for it, we know from experience that shitfesting the playoffs doesn’t pay off.

Starting line up isn’t filling me with confidence. Baffling how Duffy has dropped Wallace considering he’s consistently been our brightest spark in the last 3 games or so? I’d have him in for Langan or Frizzell. I’m assuming Crossan and Layne are still injured?

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Some folk are undropable despite how bad they've been (Carswell) and others can't get a game despite being the only spark of creativity (Wallace). 

Yes and no. Got to assume he is at RB with that line up. Not many other options really.

But I agree that having Langan start when we have Wallace and Brindley on the bench seems bizarre.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Yes and no. Got to assume he is at RB with that line up. Not many other options really.

But I agree that having Langan start when we have Wallace and Brindley on the bench seems bizarre.

Fair point, I should probably have said Frizzell tbh. He's shown nothing other than a goal against East Fife. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair point, I should probably have said Frizzell tbh. He's shown nothing other than a goal against East Fife. 

Totally agree. We all know we don't have world beaters but Frizzell and Langan starting is not a confidence builder ahead of kick off... even with the limited choices we have available.