League One playoffs

League One playoffs   

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fantastic that fans could be allowed into some games. On the play-offs themselves, at first glance, it looks like one of the tightest play-offs in a while. Not much between the L2 teams and doubt Dumbarton will be too far off them either. I do fancy Edinburgh City to do it though. It'll be a great 'home away game' for me anyway.

4 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

East fife, Dumbarton, Peter reid. Possibly Montrose, alloa, 

Peter Reid would definitely finish below Clyde. He's getting on a bit and has a fucking monkey's heid.

My butler, Carruthers, enjoys a speculative investment on oiks lowering themselves to play 11-a-side football.

He assures me that turf accountants are usually parsimonious with their odds about the clubs from the higher leagues in these events.

His stats show the teams striving to avoid demotion have succeeded on only 4 occasions out of 14 in each of the two divisions since this revenue raising scam was foisted upon us in 2006, suggesting both Morton and Dumbarton should be chalked-up at 5-2.

In the third tier, the club finishing in 2nd place has gained promotion 5 times, the club finishing 3rd has triumphed thrice and the 4th-placed finisher has sneaked up twice.

In the bottom tier, the runners-up have advanced on 4 occasions, the 3rd-placed club has been promoted twice and the 4th-placed club has gone up 4 times.

Two of the participants have the two worst overall records of any club in the 14-year history of the play-offs: Stranraer failing on all 7 occasions they've competed; Airdrie registering a 0-out-of-6 tally - a mark also recorded by Peterhead.

Both Stranraer and Airdrie have achieved promotion despite losing in the play-offs: Airdrie being the beneficiaries of Brooks Mileson's last will and testament in 2008; Stranraer benefitting from the Harland & Wolff Works XI's demise in 2012.

Carruthers has invested in Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City. I get the idea he's hinting that a pay rise may be due.

My butler, Carruthers, enjoys a speculative investment on oiks lowering themselves to play 11-a-side football.
He assures me that turf accountants are usually parsimonious with their odds about the clubs from the higher leagues in these events.
His stats show the teams striving to avoid demotion have succeeded on only 4 occasions out of 14 in each of the two divisions since this revenue raising scam was foisted upon us in 2006, suggesting both Morton and Dumbarton should be chalked-up at 5-2.
In the third tier, the club finishing in 2nd place has gained promotion 5 times, the club finishing 3rd has triumphed thrice and the 4th-placed finisher has sneaked up twice.
In the bottom tier, the runners-up have advanced on 4 occasions, the 3rd-placed club has been promoted twice and the 4th-placed club has gone up 4 times.
Two of the participants have the two worst overall records of any club in the 14-year history of the play-offs: Stranraer failing on all 7 occasions they've competed; Airdrie registering a 0-out-of-6 tally - a mark also recorded by Peterhead.
Both Stranraer and Airdrie have achieved promotion despite losing in the play-offs: Airdrie being the beneficiaries of Brooks Mileson's last will and testament in 2008; Stranraer benefitting from the Harland & Wolff Works XI's demise in 2012.
Carruthers has invested in Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City. I get the idea he's hinting that a pay rise may be due.

Airdrie went up in 2012 after losing the play off final

Play-off tournament wins in the bottom two divisions:

Albion Rovers 2 from 2

Partick 1 from 1

Q.o.t.S 1 from 1

Stirling 2 from 3

Ayr 3 from 5

Stenhousemuir 3 from 5

Alloa 4 from 8

Clyde 2 from 4

Dumbarton 1 from 2

Cowdenbeath 2 from 6