League One playoffs

League One playoffs   

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough one to call. I'm just delighted we aren't involved.

2nd to 4th in league 2 all look very evenly matched and Dumbarton, and Clyde for that matter, looked no better than a top half league 2 side this season.

Dumbarton certainly have a very difficult task to stay in L1 but they are capable of it. Defensively sound but Duffy's style of play makes it hard to create many chances let alone score goals.

I think Elgin are dark horses. Seen them quite a few times this season. Kane Hester will cause lots of problems, a striker I'd like to see at Cove. 

Edinburgh City have loads of goals in them and players that could well play at a higher level

Not seen much of Stranraer to be honest. All the best Sons

It could be any of the 4 tbh. I think we're all shagged out playing Saturday-midweek-Saturday for the last couple of months.

I voted for Elgin City. As an Ed City fan for 25 years we could find a way to lose to the one legged blind asylum XI. Funny thing is I bet there's Elgin, Stranraer and Sons fans who would say the same 

Ain't football wonderful?!

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It could be any of the 4 tbh. I think we're all shagged out playing Saturday-midweek-Saturday for the last couple of months.

I voted for Elgin City. As an Ed City fan for 25 years we could find a way to lose to the one legged blind asylum XI. Funny thing is I bet there's Elgin, Stranraer and Sons fans who would say the same 

Ain't football wonderful?!

The positive momentum of the promotion play-off sides counts for a lot against a side in the league above struggling for goals and confidence. We were desperate to avoid the play-offs, while the others were desperate to make them. It makes a big psychological difference.

I'm not sure how our guys will be able to pick themselves up for Saturday.

Edited by FifeSons

28 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:
Faz to send us down. Stevie Aitken to w**k himself silly. NAP. 

With Grant Gallagher scoring the goal that relegates us.

Andy Stirling is much more likely... but yeah it would be typical if that happened of course.

Ps, we need an "anyone but Dumbarton" option please.

Edited by squeezeboxson

9 hours ago, NilNil said:

I’d love to know what you’re basing that on. No, seriously.

Well past week or so I been thinking would/could we do it if it were us? I'd like to think we could out play stranrear, Elgin Edinburgh wish you the best anyway

This has much the same feeling as our relegation from the Championship. Not enough quality in the squad and it all feels a bit ominous. Like Aitkens side, we probably have enough about us to shitfest our way through a tie, but at the same time, if we lose the first goal in any game that's it over. Just feels inevitable.

The normal season results are interesting:

Edinburgh City won all three games against Elgin, on an aggregate of 5-2.

Elgin on all three against Stranraer on an aggregate of 10-3.

Stranraer won twice against Edinburgh City and lost the other.  Each game was wo by only one goal.

And looking at form, post-split Elgin won 9 points, Stranraer 7 and Edinburgh City 3.  

Edited by EdinburghBlue