Released & Out of Contract Players

For the Caley so far we’ve revealed 2 won’t be offered new deals - 

Brad McKay

James Vincent.

Form an orderly queue everyone.

If Transfermarkt is correct then we have the following players out of contract this summer (confirmed movements in bold, rumours italicised):

Aaron Doran - Unconfirmed staying (contract offer has allegedly been made)
Brad Mckay - Unconfirmed leaving (not being offered a new deal)
Cammy Mackay - Unknown
James Keatings - Leaving (signed PCA with Raith Rovers)
James Vincent - Unconfirmed leaving (not being offered a new deal)
Kevin McHattie - Unknown
Miles Storey - Unknown
Nikolay Todorov - Unconfirmed staying / leaving (Contract offered and linked with Dundee)
Sean Welsh - Staying (triggered one year extension until 2022)
Shane Sutherland - Staying (signed 1 year extension until 2022)

Edited by RiG

Raith Rovers:

Daniel Armstrong

Iain Davidson (believed to be leaving)

Manny Duku

Regan Hendry (believed to have been offered a new contract)

David McGurn (confirmed leaving)

Nando Mendy

Frankie Musonda (believed to have been offered a contract, undergoing "minor" knee surgery)

Jack Smith

Brad Spencer (offered contract)

Gozie Ugwu

Edited by TxRover

Jordon Forster was released about a month ago.

Our list:

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021

13: Adam Legzdins (33) - May 2021

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021

#4: Liam Fontaine (34) - May 2021

#22: Callum Moore (20) - May 2021

#21: Osman Sow (30) - May 2021

I'd imagine Hamilton, Ferrie, Moore and Sow will be punted regardless of whether or not we go up.

Fontaine should be punted IMO. Kerr, I wouldn't mind keeping if we stay down, but get rid if we go up.

Legzdins is the only one worth bothering about tbh.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jordon Forster was released about a month ago.

Our list:

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021

13: Adam Legzdins (33) - May 2021

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021

#4: Liam Fontaine (34) - May 2021

#22: Callum Moore (20) - May 2021

#21: Osman Sow (30) - May 2021

I'd imagine Hamilton, Ferrie, Moore and Sow will be punted regardless of whether or not we go up.

Fontaine should be punted IMO. Kerr, I wouldn't mind keeping if we stay down, but get rid if we go up.

Legzdins is the only one worth bothering about tbh.

Calum Ferrie any good?

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Calum Ferrie any good?

Been hyped as being very, very good. He fought off Kyle Gourlay (The keeper that's played 9 games in the top flight for Hamilton this season) and kept him out of the youth teams. Was heralded by most as our future number 1. 

Went on loan to Stirling in the 18-19 season and won their PotY & YPotY.

Played in the Challenge Cup for us last season and managed to get himself sent off after a suicidal back pass was given to him.

He then had his chance to establish himself as our number 1 this season at the expense of Jack Hamilton and he played in 3 league games. He kept a clean sheet in his first game against Morton. He then blundered (it wasn't just a howler on his part) an 86th minute equaliser in the next game against Raith, coming for a cross and ending up in no man's land. His final appearance was the game after away to Alloa. He was suspect for the 2nd goal (2:04 in the video) and completely chucked the ball in the net for the third (3:20).

Alloa 3-3 Dundee | Late Charlie Adam Penalty Secures Draw | Scottish Championship - YouTube

Overall, he looks very small for a keeper, is at an age where he needs to be playing week in, week out (He'll be 23 come the summer), doesn't look commanding whatsoever but is very highly rated. Looks like he could come good, but it's a bit of an indictment that he couldn't keep Jack Hamilton from returning or from forcing McPake's hand to sign Adam Legzdins later in the year

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Raith Rovers:

Daniel Armstrong

Manny Duku

Nando Mendy

Frankie Musonda (believed to have been offered a contract, undergoing "minor" knee surgery)

Jack Smith

Brad Spencer

Gozie Ugwu

Spencer has also been offered a new contract according to the Sim interview.

On 11/05/2021 at 22:26, TxRover said:

Raith Rovers:

Daniel Armstrong

Manny Duku

Nando Mendy

Jack Smith

Brad Spencer (offered contract)

Gozie Ugwu

Sad to see Davie McGurn go, but well past it and cant go fulltime as a coach. Jack Smith can go, will never be fit or good enough. Mendy has a cult status but again can go. Duku can also go, something's not right, is it his head, a fallout who knows. Ugwu for me can also go, we can get better. I'm mixed about Armstrong, looks a player on his day, but hasn't been good recently.

Spencer hopefully will stay, along with Musonda and Hendry. 

I left Davo till last, he must go, he's a liability and IMO should have gone after the defeat to Alloa in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Sad to see Davie McGurn go, but well past it and cant go fulltime as a coach. Jack Smith can go, will never be fit or good enough. Mendy has a cult status but again can go. Duku can also go, something's not right, is it his head, a fallout who knows. Ugwu for me can also go, we can get better. I'm mixed about Armstrong, looks a player on his day, but hasn't been good recently.

Spencer hopefully will stay, along with Musonda and Hendry. 

I left Davo till last, he must go, he's a liability and IMO should have gone after the defeat to Alloa in the playoffs. 

Armstrong is always unreal against us I just assumed he was off to the Prem or something 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Armstrong is always unreal against us I just assumed he was off to the Prem or something 

Had a very up and down season. Sometimes he was on fire, and sometimes he disappeared. Overconfident in his ball striking, has made a miserable mess of far too many kicks, but has a high motor and is an effective pest. Sometimes his confidence is rewarded.

On 12/05/2021 at 15:14, Ludo*1 said:

Been hyped as being very, very good. He fought off Kyle Gourlay (The keeper that's played 9 games in the top flight for Hamilton this season) and kept him out of the youth teams. Was heralded by most as our future number 1. 

Went on loan to Stirling in the 18-19 season and won their PotY & YPotY.

Played in the Challenge Cup for us last season and managed to get himself sent off after a suicidal back pass was given to him.

He then had his chance to establish himself as our number 1 this season at the expense of Jack Hamilton and he played in 3 league games. He kept a clean sheet in his first game against Morton. He then blundered (it wasn't just a howler on his part) an 86th minute equaliser in the next game against Raith, coming for a cross and ending up in no man's land. His final appearance was the game after away to Alloa. He was suspect for the 2nd goal (2:04 in the video) and completely chucked the ball in the net for the third (3:20).

Alloa 3-3 Dundee | Late Charlie Adam Penalty Secures Draw | Scottish Championship - YouTube

Overall, he looks very small for a keeper, is at an age where he needs to be playing week in, week out (He'll be 23 come the summer), doesn't look commanding whatsoever but is very highly rated. Looks like he could come good, but it's a bit of an indictment that he couldn't keep Jack Hamilton from returning or from forcing McPake's hand to sign Adam Legzdins later in the year

Ludo why not just say nope he’s awful , that’s it done with 😎