The David Martindale Revenge Game - Livi vs Rangers, 12 May

There's no such thing as a meaningless end-of-season game for Rangers FC. This one is no different.

The People's Champions travel to Livingston to enter the Lions Den, where David Martindale and his band of overachievers lie in wait.

Martindale was released from the Rangers academy as a youth player because he fractured his leg during a kickabout with his mates. This (may have) led to him hitting rock bottom, and we all know his story since then. Martindale has undergone a reformation that Martin Luther himself would be proud of.

Now he has the chance to get his revenge on Rangers for releasing him, by beating them in this CRUNCH tie and ending their undefeated season! You couldn't script it!

Will the People's Champions prevail? Will Bad Ass David Martindale have the last laugh? Or will we see a convenient 1-1 draw that suits everyone? Tune in on the 12th May to find out!

Edited by G51

Extremely annoyed at myself for forgetting to include "Finally, The Rangers have come back to Livingston" in the OP.

Probably won't contribute to this thread again.

I know it now looks like St Johnstone will finish 5th, but it would be good to take it to the last game for 5th & 6th places, just for it still to be a meaningful game. Plus i still hold out some hope in us getting 5th, and finishing the season on a high.

Would take a draw here, hoping Celtic turn up and beat St Johnstone too, to give us a slight edge for the final League game, a win would be fantastic, making us the first to beat them in the League, but any result at all against them will be very, very tough.

Big JET is on fire, feel we need to score to get something, which would be the first time we've managed a goal against them this season, so come on big man, stick another wonder volley in the top corner.

Would start Kabia too, he deserved it after setting up JET for his goal in the last game, and we need to get him playing more.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

There's no such thing as a meaningless end-of-season game for Rangers FC. This one is no different.

The People's Champions travel to Livingston to enter the Lions Den, where David Martindale and his band of overachievers lie in wait.

Martindale was released from the Rangers academy as a youth player because he fractured his leg during a kickabout with his mates. This (may have) led to him hitting rock bottom, and we all know his story since then. Martindale has undergone a reformation that Martin Luther himself would be proud of.

Now he has the chance to get his revenge on Rangers for releasing him, by beating them in this CRUNCH tie and ending their undefeated season! You couldn't script it!

Will the People's Champions prevail? Will Bad Ass David Martindale have the last laugh? Or will we see a convenient 1-1 draw that suits everyone? Tune in on the 12th May to find out!

Are you trying out a character here? Because you might be better sticking to your stats.

8 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Is this game being shown on our PPV service? Possiblility of our highest viewing figures of the season?

At this point everyone has sussed out VPNs with international subs. I doubt very many people are paying for PPV anymore especially given the rise of VPN + International sub or IPTVs. I'd imagine the money we make on PPV is absolutely minimal at this point in the season, before factoring in that it's a nothing game for Rangers

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

At this point everyone has sussed out VPNs with international subs. I doubt very many people are paying for PPV anymore especially given the rise of VPN + International sub or IPTVs. I'd imagine the money we make on PPV is absolutely minimal at this point in the season, before factoring in that it's a nothing game for Rangers

Am I the only chump who's been forking out £20 a week? 😅

No Barisic for this one tomorrow - we're starting to run out of defenders and midfielders.

Assume it means Aribo will be playing LB and Wright or Hagi will drop into midfield.

25 minutes ago, G51 said:

No Barisic for this one tomorrow - we're starting to run out of defenders and midfielders.

Assume it means Aribo will be playing LB and Wright or Hagi will drop into midfield.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Aribo playing at left back. Needs must, obviously, but I'd have thought it could be a chance for Leon King to come in at CB and maybe push Simpson out left.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Aribo playing at left back. Needs must, obviously, but I'd have thought it could be a chance for Leon King to come in at CB and maybe push Simpson out left.

I'd love to see that happen too but I don't think it will.

If we pick up another injury before then though then we may be forced into it.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Can we not just play a youth player at left back, rather than shoe horning Simpson or Aribo in there...

Absolutely nothing to lose in this game.

We don’t really have one. Our two young LB’s, Maxwell and Shiels, were on loan at QOTS and Clyde this year, so apparently we can’t use them. After them, you’re looking at Kyle Semple or Jack Harkness from the U18’s, and they’re still very new to that environment.

We don’t really have one. Our two young LB’s, Maxwell and Shiels, were on loan at QOTS and Clyde this year, so apparently we can’t use them. After them, you’re looking at Kyle Semple or Jack Harkness from the U18’s, and they’re still very new to that environment.
Just putting this out there.
Nathan Austin was sent out on loan to East Fife this season but then played in and scored for Kelty in their playoff games.
I think returning loanees can play. But don't quote me on that.

29 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Nathan Austin was sent out on loan to East Fife this season but then played in and scored for Kelty in their playoff games.

I thought that might be the case as well but I think it depends on when the players return?

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Does that mean Tiffoney and Hamilton can play for us now too?

Would be interesting seeing Tiffoney up front with JET on the wing, JET would feed him in on goal, and his confidence will be sky high after scoring 9 goals for Partick, helping them win promotion. Would be desperate to do well with his contract running out this month too, and in big games like this he'd get noticed more.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER