Next season's SPFL1

Much of a muchness really, similar to this season. A couple of dross full-time sides (probably Morton and definitely Falkirk) alongside some decently run part-time outfits. I think we might see the full-time clubs continue to struggle. 

It’s a bit of a leap to start a conversation re how clubs are going to do in the league next season when we don’t even know the final composition, is it not?
Or is this not just another channel you have opened to let us know how shit Falkirk are? For which you will get no disagreement from our support......

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm sure we'll be hearing all about how they're just a plucky little club who took the brave decision to go professional and are exceeding all expectations so far over the next 12 months.

f**k knows where you're getting this from. No QP supporter I know thinks this way. We're all well aware of the budget we now have and what the expectations are.

5 hours ago, el jubilado said:

I’m sure the official QP line will be “season of consolidation”. 

I don't think it will and if anyone at the club comes out with that they'll be lying

4 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

f**k knows where you're getting this from. No QP supporter I know thinks this way. We're all well aware of the budget we now have and what the expectations are.

Have you  seen/heard any of the coverage QP have had in the media this season? 

3 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Have you  seen/heard any of the coverage QP have had in the media this season? 

Yes I have. What's that got to do with how I or any supporter I know thinks? I assumed Gordon was talking about posters on this forum, not the romantic drivel coming from the club  

Edited by Mick1867

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My cat could've won League 2 with the budget you were flinging around m8. 

Perhaps you could offer your cat to your own team? We are not "flinging around" any budget. Our team wages are being funded for us for the next nine years.

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

They'll both play at Grangemouth

Is that a big exclusive Gordy? As the club is telling us zero at the moment. Do Shire not play at Falkirk? Cannae see how three clubs playing there next season is going to work

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Perhaps you could offer your cat to your own team? We are not "flinging around" any budget. Our team wages are being funded for us for the next nine years.

Well no, my cat would be a terrible manager, that was my point - a terrible manager is still capable of pissing a part time league with a huge full time budget.

Ah, apologies, it's just the money that is funding you that you're throwing around, not your budget. 

22 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Is that a big exclusive Gordy? As the club is telling us zero at the moment. Do Shire not play at Falkirk? Cannae see how three clubs playing there next season is going to work

Ach, no idea to be honest. Just a rumour I heard and it fitted into my hilarious joke about QP basically being Falkirk mark 2.

Don't take it personally. Just pissed off at the whole Lowland League colts thing so I'm taking pot shots at everyone today.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Ach, no idea to be honest. Just a rumour I heard and it fitted into my hilarious joke about QP basically being Falkirk mark 2.

Don't take it personally. Just pissed off at the whole Lowland League colts thing so I'm taking pot shots at everyone today.

Come on now Gordon, I'm expecting this to continue next season and very much looking forward to it. Don't let me down please.

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Come on now Gordon, I'm expecting this to continue next season and very much looking forward to it. Don't let me down please.

Just trying to be fair and not slag you boys too much before you even set up round these parts. Falkirk are still scheduled to be the butt of all L1 slaggings until July.

7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Is that Morton or QP ?

Yes. Plus some QoS fans are suggesting that since Durnan is out of contract at Falkirk, they could use him in AJ’s next rebuild of QoS...happy news all around for Falkirk.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes. Plus some QoS fans are suggesting that since Durnan is out of contract at Falkirk, they could use him in AJ’s next rebuild of QoS...happy news all around for Falkirk.

That would be good news.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Well no, my cat would be a terrible manager, that was my point - a terrible manager is still capable of pissing a part time league with a huge full time budget.

Ah, apologies, it's just the money that is funding you that you're throwing around, not your budget. 

Have you considered the revenue possibilities of a twitch stream of your cat making random signings on football manager for a redo of this season in League 2 with QP’s budget?

Hopefully it will be as tight and entertaining as this season in League One. Been cracking to follow as a neutral, with half the league all in the running and the relegation scraps just as intense as the promotion ones.

19 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I was obviously exaggerating but I have seen Queen's fans on here verging on that kind of stuff.

On 06/05/2021 at 17:18, TxRover said:

Be interesting to read all these posts from QoS fans wanting Durnan back.  As far as I can see 1 fan has noted that Durnan had been released and would take him back here. It's hardly a mass call of people wanting him back.  He was fairly well liked here before he moved on to "better things" but he's been widely criticised by fans of the teams he's went to.  He could rock up here again though, and he'll be an upgrade on Buchanan without having to be great.  Never say never.