Next season's SPFL1

Much of a muchness really, similar to this season. A couple of dross full-time sides (probably Morton and definitely Falkirk) alongside some decently run part-time outfits. I think we might see the full-time clubs continue to struggle. 

Yeah I think the key difference next year is QP will be massive favourites. Their squad is good just now for L1 level but I firmly expect them to make 5 or 6 summer signings that pushes them far above everyone else. 

We're basically going to have two Falkirks in the league next season (Falkirk and a Queen's Park side choked full of Falkirk rejects who're probably better than the current Falkirk side). They'll both play at Grangemouth and Ray will probably hoover up a few of the duds Falkirk jettison this summer because he's the least imaginative manager in the world when it comes to transfers. Surely they both can't fail to get promoted?

Could be an extremely tough league. Not in the sense that it'll necessarily have any properly outstanding teams but it could well have a handful of teams who're more or less lower half championship level and no real mugs in it. There's usually one or two absolutely guff teams you can always rely on to finish above. If whoever stays up between Dumbarton and Clyde get their act together a wee bit, could be there's no obvious 'bottom 2' candidates next season.

Edited by Gordon EF

I’m sure the official QP line will be “season of consolidation”. However, I agree that there will be several new signings as there are areas of the squad that need strengthening for the step up to League One. Play off place the first objective.

2 minutes ago, el jubilado said:

I’m sure the official QP line will be “season of consolidation”. However, I agree that there will be several new signings as there are areas of the squad that need strengthening for the step up to League One. Play off place the first objective.

Queen's will have the highest or second highest budget in the league (probably by some distance if Morton stay up). Anything other than top 4 will be a failure and I imagine McKinnon would get the bullet for it.

6 minutes ago, el jubilado said:

QP fans happy with that? Given the money being banded about I'd be looking to get out of this league at the first time of asking.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

QP fans happy with that? Given the money being banded about I'd be looking to get out of this league at the first time of asking.

I'm sure we'll be hearing all about how they're just a plucky little club who took the brave decision to go professional and are exceeding all expectations so far over the next 12 months.

Would be delighted with the play offs but it will be another difficult season for us one which could have us involved at the wrong end of the table if we continue with our decline. I would imagine our budget will be a lot less as many fans will not renew ST’s. We have put together some shite squads recently with a decent budget so the mind boggles as to what we could look like next season.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

We're basically going to have two Falkirks in the league next season (Falkirk and a Queen's Park side choked full of Falkirk rejects who're probably better than the current Falkirk side). They'll both play at Grangemouth and Ray will probably hoover up a few of the duds Falkirk jettison this summer because he's the least imaginative manager in the world when it comes to transfers. Surely they both can't fail to get promoted?
Could be an extremely tough league. Not in the sense that it'll necessarily have any properly outstanding teams but it could well have a handful of teams who're more or less lower half championship level and no real mugs in it. There's usually one or two absolutely guff teams you can always rely on to finish above. If whoever stays up between Dumbarton and Clyde get their act together a wee bit, could be there's no obvious 'bottom 2' candidates next season.
Mark Durnan and Aidan Connolly an absolute stick on.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Durnan was exactly who I was picturing when I wrote that. Which is nice because I can't think of Mark Durnan any more without picturing him sauntering nonchalantly back towards goal as if he's hurrying across the road with five bags of shopping as that Thistle player just jogged past him to get a one on one with the keeper. 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
21 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Hope you are right about Durnan. Connolly is decent but always out injured so they are welcome to him.

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Falkirk should be happy. There's going to be a club in League One next season who everyone wants to see fail even more than them. Should take a bit of the heat off them.

Is that Morton or QP ?

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Falkirk should be happy. There's going to be a club in League One next season who everyone wants to see fail even more than them. Should take a bit of the heat off them.

So that's us winning tonight then? 

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm sure we'll be hearing all about how they're just a plucky little club who took the brave decision to go professional and are exceeding all expectations so far over the next 12 months.

Shut up. It's a fucking fairytale, I'll not hear anything different!