Elgin City v Edinburgh City- Play off semi final first leg

No fans in the ground just a few directors, reporters, and chiselling b*****d Jack Ross (probably watching Josh Campbell tbf)

Elgin should have won, played very well. They slackened off a bit midway through the second half- I don't know if that was tactical, tiredness or Edinburgh City waking up. Maybe all three.

We'll have to play a lot better against Dumbarton if we want to go to Cumbernauld, Methil and Cove next season (what an incentive!)

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

No fans in the ground just a few directors, reporters, and chiselling b*****d Jack Ross (probably watching Josh Campbell tbf)

Elgin should have won, played very well. They slackened off a bit midway through the second half- I don't know if that was tactical, tiredness or Edinburgh City waking up. Maybe all three.

We'll have to play a lot better against Dumbarton if we want to go to Cumbernauld, Methil and Cove next season (what an incentive!)

Fair assessment this. I thought we had a fair few lapses in concentration defensively and only due to poor finishing, weren't punished further. Elgin's second goal was scored whilst one of theirs was off the park getting treatment - just didn't feel very organised at the back.

The long balls, especially in the first half, were quite frustrating. Ironically, when the conditions went mental with the rain, we appeared to play our best stuff. As you say, there may have been a few factors at play which helped with that.

what a bummer that was the team played great but soon as it bucketed it down playing conditions got worse then we got caught out in possesion but credit to the team for their performance in the game and in the past few weeks with the hectic schedule im sure we'll be up there again next season hopefully and all the best to edinburgh city in the final 

That was an entertaining game last night that really could have gone either way. We performed well but there were too many errors in midfield and defence which provided Edinburgh with the chances they needed. Ironically I thought they passed up quite a few good ones with pot shots from distance when a bit of composure could well have punished us, but that's how they scored the winner and fair play to Campbell for an excellent strike.

I thought we took very few risks and played a percentage game, which can be frustrating to watch but there is no one better at this level than Hester at producing something out of nothing. McHardy got his head to at least one other corner and had one taken off him as he was about to score early on. I haven't seen many players in this league who are so dangerous from set pieces and we really need to improve our deliveries going forward to utilise this. They have been awful at times recently (last night aside).

It's still painful thinking about that ending but it shouldn't take away from a really good performance and ultimately a pretty successful season in the end. Edinburgh had easily the second most eye-catching squad in the league with plenty of players with experience in the top two divisions. To run them so close is an achievement I think. Good luck to them in the final, particularly as I think we'd fare better against Dumbarton next year.