Elgin City v Edinburgh City- Play off semi final first leg

Do play off games usually get a thread for each leg? As it's officially named the "League 1 play off" should I have started it in that forum? It's been a while since we were in the play offs so I can't remember. Regardless, I cannot wait.

defo need a result against edinburgh as weve never really had a decent result against them this season id say there our bogey team so hopefully go all out against them and perform like we did in the queens park game just going for it

Well, the winners of this tie will face either Dumbarton or Stranraer.

I can't actually predict the outcome tbh. Elgin are pretty good at home, we've been a bit up and down. When we're good we're very good and when we're not we're just OK 

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Well, the winners of this tie will face either Dumbarton or Stranraer.

I can't actually predict the outcome tbh. Elgin are pretty good at home, we've been a bit up and down. When we're good we're very good and when we're not we're just OK 

Haven't seen much of either team, but this seems to sum up Elgin as well. May even be a bit worse when they're not good.

I hope both teams are at their best. If so, the games would be a treat to watch.

13 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It’s a League One game so should be in that forum. 

I disagree. No-one in the League one forum would be interested in this game I don't think. It's League 2 teams so should be here.

To the game. Should be extremely close.

I've not been so interested in the games this season so far with no fans allowed in.

However, these ties are huge with us allowed in for the final.

Obviously I hope Edinburgh City win, but Elgin City just proved the other night they are one of the best teams in the league, so could go either way.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I disagree. No-one in the League one forum would be interested in this game I don't think. It's League 2 teams so should be here.

To the game. Should be extremely close.

I've not been so interested in the games this season so far with no fans allowed in.

However, these ties are huge with us allowed in for the final.

Obviously I hope Edinburgh City win, but Elgin City just proved the other night they are one of the best teams in the league, so could go either way.

Can’t see Edinburgh losing this.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I can.... :unsure:

Keep your pants on. It's not because I don't like Elgin, just the opposite. I'd rather have them in our league than Edinburgh City. But the last time I watched Elgin they were poor. Not the team they were earlier on in the season.

32 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Keep your pants on. It's not because I don't like Elgin, just the opposite. I'd rather have them in our league than Edinburgh City. But the last time I watched Elgin they were poor. Not the team they were earlier on in the season.

When you've seen your team lose 13 cup finals in a row you tend to look for the next disaster coming round the corner :lol:

Thought we were dreadful in the first half and Elgin could have gone in a couple up. Nicked one just before HT and were a bit better 2nd half.

Better to be lucky than good and all that.

It's only the first stage of a two game tie but winning at Borough Briggs is useful to say the least 

Now to foul up the second leg at Ainslie Park as the garage roof caves in at the same time...

We started the game well and if we nicked a goal it could have been a different game. I thought we tired second half and ran out of ideas and wouldn’t have been surprised if Edinburgh scored a second. At least we are still in the game but we still don’t seem to have figured out how we go about beating Edinburgh.

It feels weird to say in a game where were at least as impressive as our (quality) opponents but other than a highly promising start I thought we were poor. It's reassuring though that despite it being a mediocre performance we were still able to create plenty of really good chances and are ultimately right in the tie. All to play for on Tuesday. It'll be really tough but stranger things have happened in the last few weeks alone.

well 2nd leg tonight and theres only one way for us to play and thats absolutely go all out from the start i think and hopefully get the goals which is always a hard task against edinburgh city seems to be a tough task for us to do when we play them but now i think the pressure might be on edinburgh to either keep that 1-0 or push out for more goals which they probably and to keep us out of the goals so should be a highly competitive game 

Edited by cityloon

O'Keefe in for Sopel and MacEwan in for Mailer for us. I think the former is a good move but not sure about the latter, MacEwan has it in him but needs to step up. Tbf it looked like Mailer took a knock on Saturday so that could be a factor.