1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of course he didn't 😂

So it’s really just St Mirren fans doing to others what they forever moan about Hearts fans doing to them*

*by this I am of course referring to the whole 86 Hearts/Celtic/St Mirren thing and not St Mirren relegating Hearts last season.

Great goalkeeper for us but always found it quite hard to take to him to be honest. The collapse of the whole team in that United game was very annoying at the time, Hartley the chief culprit. Would have been nice to send them down. Fair to say we've made up for it since and it's enjoyable seeing St Mirren fans still getting in a state about it twenty years later.

He was Dobbie's bitch. He used to love a goal against Main which was very pleasing as he always appeared to be a bit of a c**t. The cracks in Gr£tna began after the 3-0 game against them when Dobbie absolutely destroyed them. Apparently he had been shagging Alexander's Mrs and it all kicked off after that game in the changing room. Made that day all the better.

Looking back at the video of the game Main was criticised for, he made quite a number of decent saves in the second half, but certainly blundered at the first away goal.

Perhaps forgotten is that St Mirren's goal difference was so bad that season, had United lost they would still have been above the Buddies going into the last game. 

5 hours ago, Zoomer Brown said:

future dundee boss Paul Hartley played a big part in that game, by getting sent off before half time.

I agree Hartley's dismissal had more effect on the game than Main, who IIRC was always pretty erratic.

33 minutes ago, btb said:

I agree Hartley's dismissal had more effect on the game than Main, who IIRC was always pretty erratic.

I'm fairly certain, in Mains post-Gretna spell with us, that we conceded a goal every season because he'd sprinted about 20yds out his box.

19 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Tbf, they were both fuds.

I quite liked Hartley he really should have grown Dick Dastardly handlebars for when he played us.

Ddastardl.png

Edited by btb

I love the idea that fans of a team who have been shite enough over the course of a season to be relegated don’t blame their players or management team but rather the goalie of a rival team.  

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I love the idea that fans of a team who have been shite enough over the course of a season to be relegated don’t blame their players or management team but rather the goalie of a rival team.  

We were shite that season because Tom Hendrie lost the plot altogether with team selections. We deserved to be relegated that season. 

Your club however invested hundreds of thousands avoiding relegation. Well done! 

Your club is still spending money they don’t have trying to chase the glory days of the 80s. It’s unsustainable. Perhaps your team should merge with the idiots across the road. They seem to have the same issue with burning money and administration.

Enjoy your night pal.

Main and Hartley are still cnuts though. Right up there with Darren Jackson. 😂