League Cup 2021-22- Set for change?

We had Hamilton and Albion Rovers last year, and Falkirk the year before. Can they just do away with the regionalising pish already? It’s stale as f**k already.

Edited by eez-eh

Even though this is much less tedious for us than usual, it really is time to remove the regionalisation. I like having the group stage but it's far too stale with such a small group of teams in each region.

If we're away to East Kilbride I won't be attending and I hope other Morton fans as well as Kilmarnock, Clyde and Stranraer fans take the same stance. Give these colt supporting scabs nothing.

Said it before, they’re going to kill what could be a great tournament by the repetitive fixtures.  Such an easy fix:

1. Get the regionalisation to f**k. 
nobody wants it, it’s only 2 away games in the summer if travelling is the argument for it.  Make the longest journeys between teams the Saturday fixtures, the closer ones in midweek.

2. Use a computer system to group teams based around the amount of time since they last played each other.  That way you’d avoid having teams in the same group in successive seasons.
Added bonus would be fans get round far more different grounds, which is a big plus for fans who watch their team away from home.

3. Mix up the fixtures in terms of who is at home/ away. I.e don’t always have top seed at home to second seed. Could alternate it each season, or do a draw out a hat for each group so it’s completely random who you’re 2 home and 2 away matches are against each year.

I have always liked the group stages (bar the nonsense penalty shoot-outs) but the regionalisation is indeed now nonsense. The Scottish football world has a totally warped idea of distance; an evening trip to Elgin is an inconvenience, not an impossibility. Especially at a time of year when it will still be light for part of the journey home.

No idea how we'll do in the group but the early indications are that we're going to be absolutely rank again next season, albeit only sitting at a squad of 8 so far. We have been horrible for two seasons though and still bested a huge chunk of the Championship sides in that time so we might have half a chance.

1 minute ago, David W said:

I have always liked the group stages (bar the nonsense penalty shoot-outs) but the regionalisation is indeed now nonsense. The Scottish football world has a totally warped idea of distance; an evening trip to Elgin is an inconvenience, not an impossibility. Especially at a time of year when it will still be light for part of the journey home.

No idea how we'll do in the group but the early indications are that we're going to be absolutely rank again next season, albeit only sitting at a squad of 8 so far. We have been horrible for two seasons though and still bested a huge chunk of the Championship sides in that time so we might have half a chance.

They could easily just organise the draw so that no clubs from north of Perth travel to clubs south of Ayrshire or something similar. The way they do for potential diplomatic flare ups in international draw.

If Annan and Brora want to play in a National cup competition they have to be prepared to play each other (I'm not suggesting they aren't)

Regionalisation was a bit of fun to begin with gettting a wee Friday night game at Arbroath etc but bin it now 

Can they not just "seed" the 4 furthest North and 4 furthest South (or whichever number is needed to balance out the groups)  in the same way as the top seeds, so they can't play each other, then have an open draw for the rest?