Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can someone who is better at maths tell me what Clyde would finish on if this match were to fall victim to the covid again?

Just thinking it would be hilarious if East Fife turned up and discovered a positive test 30 minutes before kick off causing the game to be postponed, but if it relegates us I'm not sure it's that funny. 

If it goes to PPG, Dumbarton finish 8th on 1.136 and Clyde finish 9th on 1.095.

This season has been an absolute shambles, and I'm glad it's almost finished. Whatever happens though, I think for the L1 and L2 clubs to have completed the 22 games is pretty amazing stuff. I do love Scottish football and we have obvious problems but the sheer fact the boys have played three games a week under so much pressure makes me pretty proud.

That said, I really don't want to play in L2 next season. Please just do something Clyde, anything, please.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We both have a River Leven running alongside the stadium so that’s something to connect us. I’m warming to this black & gold alliance.

My first and last games at Boghead were against East Fife, over a forty year period.  I can certainly feel the bond between us.

24 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

My first and last games at Boghead were against East Fife, over a forty year period.  I can certainly feel the bond between us.

And tomorrow is the 21st anniversary of the last game at Boghead!

12 minutes ago, microdave said:

And tomorrow is the 21st anniversary of the last game at Boghead!

Great day apart from the football. East Fife players ran out and blootered signed balls into the crowd. One went past my head, I turned round and it blasted off a stanchion and bounced right into my hands. If I hadn't turned round the thing would probably have wiped me out. Would have probably been more in-keeping with the way that day went.

7 hours ago, AndoFifer1903 said:

After your club released statement voiding themselves of all blame and were willing to put over 22 people in danger of attracting COVID. There’s no smoke without fire.

It wasn’t Clyde who were willing to put over 22 players in danger, that is not our call, the JRG made the decision for the game to carry on, it was found that your team are the only ones who broke any rules and your manager made a cock of himself telling lies.

Where has all the positivity gone from all us Clyde fans, ffs we are playing East Fife not fcuking Real Madrid. We have got a few positive aspects in our favour, we know exactly which result we need so there won’t be any confusion on how we approach the game, the guys are all buzzing from Saturday and should take a lot of confidence from that performance, we have had a decent rare rest period and time to prepare, we have got something to play for, we are past due a result against EF  as we were against Dumbarton and one last thing we have David Goodwillie  the best player in the division who is well capable of putting any team to the sword. 

2 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Where has all the positivity gone from all us Clyde fans, ffs we are playing East Fife not fcuking Real Madrid. We have got a few positive aspects in our favour, we know exactly which result we need so there won’t be any confusion on how we approach the game, the guys are all buzzing from Saturday and should take a lot of confidence from that performance, we have had a decent rare rest period and time to prepare, we have got something to play for, we are past due a result against EF  as we were against Dumbarton and one last thing we have David Goodwillie  the best player in the division who is well capable of putting any team to the sword. 

I agree.  The team have got it in them to do the business tomorrow night and get a much needed win against a team who have nothing to play for and nothing to prove. 

2-1 Clyde 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Are you trying to say Real Madrid are better than East Fife? 

Going to be  a really weakened East Fife team tomorrow night . No Ryan Wallace, Chris Higgins, Kevin Smith, Danny Swanson and Agnew doubtful. Be a lot of youth players in the squad. If I was a Dumbarton fan I wouldn’t be very hopeful. Clyde will surely be fired up with what’s at stake for them. However pressure does funny things and Clyde  will really feel the pressure. I think not being a crowd will also work in their favour. East Fife only having 48 hour turn around from Forfar game also big advantage for Clyde. Home win I think. 

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Going to be  a really weakened East Fife team tomorrow night . No Ryan Wallace, Chris Higgins, Kevin Smith, Danny Swanson and Agnew doubtful. Be a lot of youth players in the squad. If I was a Dumbarton fan I wouldn’t be very hopeful. Clyde will surely be fired up with what’s at stake for them. However pressure does funny things and Clyde  will really feel the pressure. I think not being a crowd will also work in their favour. East Fife only having 48 hour turn around from Forfar game also big advantage for Clyde. Home win I think. 

Gee thanks buddy.  We'll no' miss Private Fraser with you around.

Source of players out please. Lot of big players missing if true

26 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Source of players out please. Lot of big players missing if true

Darren Young post match after Forfar game. 

One thing you will not see is East Fife lying down to Clyde. If we lose it will be because we are knackered and/or Clyde have something to play for.

Personally I think back to the last day of the 1973-74 season when Hearts offered nothing against Clyde at Tynecastle and gave them a point to relegate us. That's Hearts though. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe