Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

After your club released statement voiding themselves of all blame and were willing to put over 22 people in danger of attracting COVID. There’s no smoke without fire.
What the f**k are you talking about? Clyde released a statement which was then corroborated when East Fife released theirs given the same version of events.

The JRG gave permission for the game to be played which had nothing to do with Clyde. At no point has the club, Lennon or any of the Clyde players came out and had a go at East Fife for not playing.

Our club is an utter shambles but this is one of the few occasions were they haven't done anything wrong.

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the statement East Fife released as it is obvious to me that it was worded so as not to upset the bigwigs and others. There is so much they could have questioned but chose to go along with things so as not to invoke the extra £10,000 fine. 

7 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the statement East Fife released as it is obvious to me that it was worded so as not to upset the bigwigs and others. There is so much they could have questioned but chose to go along with things so as not to invoke the extra £10,000 fine. 

Exactly. Everyone knows that East Fife technically broke the rules. They put out pretty diplomatic statements to ensure they got the tiniest of wee slaps on the wrist and ended up getting 3x more than the fine out of the GoFundMe. Very well played by East Fife - our best away performance of the season.

Edited by Gordon EF

Good to go into the last game of the season with nothing to play for and now have a big influence on who goes into the play-offs. I’m not fussed either way but I think the Clyde supporters will have a bigger melt down on here than the Dumbarton fans if we beat them.

I’ll go for a 3-1 Fife win with Deuchar coming out of retirement to score.

12 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Good to go into the last game of the season with nothing to play for and now have a big influence on who goes into the play-offs. I’m not fussed either way but I think the Clyde supporters will have a bigger melt down on here than the Dumbarton fans if we beat them.

I’ll go for a 3-1 Fife win with Deuchar coming out of retirement to score.

History would certainly point towards a nuclear meltdown from us if we don’t win tomorrow, but I think even the perma-seething element of our support will accept 9th place as where we deserve to be, should we finish there. 

The thought of us going into this with nothing to play for had Dumbarton lost last night would’ve been laughable given how bad we are. No complaints from me if we lose. 

Refusing to play a match is "technically" breaking the rules?

A £1000 fine for East Fife is most definitely a slap on the wrist and nothing more given the potential sanctions available.

I'd suspect the postponement cost Clyde, who were "technically" an innocent party, much more than £1000.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Refusing to play a match is "technically" breaking the rules?

A £1000 fine for East Fife is most definitely a slap on the wrist and nothing more given the potential sanctions available.

I'd suspect the postponement cost Clyde, who were "technically" an innocent party, much more than £1000.

tenor.gif

I’m going to remain my usual relentlessly pessimistic self and prepare for the playoffs already. EF will be well up for this given last week’s shenanigans and they’ll be a tough nut to crack to get a win against. 

Ultimately, 9th is a fair outcome across the season but our fate has been sealed by two last minute goals - Forfar’s winner against us and Dumbarton’s winner last night.

Edited by Ignoramus

Not expecting a win tomorrow, we are simply not as good as East Fife. 

We will get what we deserve this season and if that’s a playoff then relegation then so be it. Entirely avoidable and if it’s the case just need to accept it. That said the board and management team will have a lot of reflection to do. Absolutely failed “experiment” of filling the team with young loan players and expecting them to get results against hairy arsed experienced players in L1! Not these boys fault I have to say, but bonkers strategy from whoever came up with the idea.

Can someone who is better at maths tell me what Clyde would finish on if this match were to fall victim to the covid again?

Just thinking it would be hilarious if East Fife turned up and discovered a positive test 30 minutes before kick off causing the game to be postponed, but if it relegates us I'm not sure it's that funny.