Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

5 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

I take it all back Scott Rumsby. That's a dirty big dive by the East Fife player. Just as well we won after that

From the highlights and alternate angles, I've seen nothing to suggest that Goodwillie was onside for the winner, so it's cancelled itself out. Imagine if we had missed out due to that penalty though!

Guest andyp1301
On 07/05/2021 at 00:07, TamClyde said:

Job done. Time to rebuild and for the board to actually Invest for next season so we don't find ourselves in the same position next year. 

100%

Guest andyp1301
On 07/05/2021 at 00:36, Scott-Replay said:

Absolutely. As has been mentioned, there’s not a player in our squad who hasn’t given it their all. Any short comings this year have been down to a lack of experience or ability for this level but certainly not effort.

There’s no denying that a clear out of some dead wood is required but anyone leaving should go with thanks. Out of the loanees, if Jamieson and Otoo wished to stay for another season I’d be very happy. Josh Jack will probably become a decent player in time too. There were some flashes this year and I’m sure the experience will stand him well.

Agree, but "dead wood" is a bit harsh considering the effort they've given which you concede to in your first para.

The players you are probably referring to would make good squad players...but that is when the budget question arises......because to pay the wages of the starters on top of these squad players is when the budget get's burned out....unless the Board up the budget considerably.

Once Goodie and Mitch's wages calculated.... it's probably a fair chunk - so- come on Board, let us be a Football Club that demonstrates is has ambition rather than just saying it has ambition.  get the budget up - it's been proved it was too low - let Danny get out there and start building a stronger squad for next season....now.

And of course- utilise the fruits of the recruitment team's efforts too (mmmmmm).

I don't know what's worse. Getting beat of Clyde or keeping the delusional cnuts up.

Guess they'll be favourites to win league 1 next season before progressing into the Champions League.

Most delusional, fickle, fuckwit fans in the country.

Well done East Fife.

I don't know what's worse. Getting beat of Clyde or keeping the delusional cnuts up.
Guess they'll be favourites to win league 1 next season before progressing into the Champions League.
Well done East Fife.
Ye ragin aye?

12 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Well done East Fife.

roux.gif.f3f177c7bc68b2bbdf8f3ba9a30c3a55.gif

14 hours ago, David W said:

From the highlights and alternate angles, I've seen nothing to suggest that Goodwillie was onside for the winner, so it's cancelled itself out. Imagine if we had missed out due to that penalty though!

What am I missing here with Goodwillie’s goal ? At what point is he offside? Jamiesons shoots, he is onside, McGlinchy cuts the ball back he is still onside, what am I missing?

2 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Well done East Fife.

Your teams in the middle of a play off and you’re writing this. Absolutely seething.

4 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Well done East Fife.

The Wire Laugh GIF

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

What am I missing here with Goodwillie’s goal ? At what point is he offside? Jamiesons shoots, he is onside, McGlinchy cuts the ball back he is still onside, what am I missing?

He's not offside for the very reasons you're saying.  Someone's forgotten about the 'cuts the ball back' bit.......

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the position of the receiving player is what matters rather than the direction of the pass. It was a pretty tight one, but Goodwillie definitely was in an offside position when it was hooked back in. Not that we didn't deserve that stroke of luck, mind.

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The ball isn't cut back.

About the offside. I was with Pride of the Clyde and BrigtonClyde on that even after a couple of watch-overs.

However, after a few more watch-overs, and reminding myself that some of us probably watch a lot of televised football where you get some very sohpisticated analysis done on these kind of decisions.... I imagine what David W and the_bully_wee are picking up on is that when McGlinchey sticks it back across, if you slow the footage down and apply the kind of analysis you see on the big televised games... You know, the straight-line drawn across the screen and an examination of whether the attacker had some part of his body capable of legally scoring a goal ahead of the defender when the ball was played... Then there's an argument to say Goodwillie was just a little ahead of the East Fife defender and therefore offside.

I would just say though... Again with nothing but love for my fellow supporters here... To say he was definitely offside makes it sound as though there was clear daylight between Goodwillie and the defender or that it was obvious even without slowing down the footage. It certainly wasn't obvious to me. And on the point about luck. Yes I suppose it is lucky, strictly speaking. But even the best positioned linesman there would just be seeing two silhouettes in more or less perfect alignment. I don't get worked up when teams get very fine calls like that in their favour against us. And I don't really think of it as unlucky to the same degree as a manifestly bad penalty call or whatever.

Had another look at the East Fife penalty actually. No change of mind there. Soft I'd give you, yes. But it's never, ever a dive.

The rules and how they apply, especially these days after so much revision over the last twenty years, are easily the most boring part of the game to ponder over. I daresay there'll be consensus on that if nothing else!

I’ve watched it over and over again and I still don’t see any issue with the goal. DGW is at worst level and you can see from the reverse view McGlinchy slightly hooks the ball back the way you can quite clearly see the spin on the ball it is definitely not going forward.