Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

Pretty sure they need to pay costs to Clyde for what their outlay was though.

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the statement East Fife released as it is obvious to me that it was worded so as not to upset the bigwigs and others. There is so much they could have questioned but chose to go along with things so as not to invoke the extra £10,000 fine. 

30 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, NilNil said:
Hey, everyone is different. I’m not for a minute suggesting any of those things are in any way acceptable, but I’ll sleep easy in my bed that he’s not at our club and that I’d be disgusted if he was.

Dumbarton have a registered sex offender playing for them this season. That must be acceptable to you too then?

Nope. Not at any stage did I condone any offences or say that any were acceptable. However I’ll rest easy knowing that he isn’t anywhere near my club.

But that aside as it’s clearly a sore point for some, well done on your win. Did it when it counted, unfortunately for us we couldn’t to render tonight a dead rubber.

Credit to Jamie Bain, by the way. A real shame it has taken 20 games for him to look like the “average League One right back” we were told about, but he did his job admirably over the past couple of games.

Edited by Scott-Replay

On 05/05/2021 at 17:16, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Where has all the positivity gone from all us Clyde fans, ffs we are playing East Fife not fcuking Real Madrid. We have got a few positive aspects in our favour, we know exactly which result we need so there won’t be any confusion on how we approach the game, the guys are all buzzing from Saturday and should take a lot of confidence from that performance, we have had a decent rare rest period and time to prepare, we have got something to play for, we are past due a result against EF  as we were against Dumbarton and one last thing we have David Goodwillie  the best player in the division who is well capable of putting any team to the sword. 

Just bringing this back to the top, exactly as I said.

Watching the goals back, I loved Otoo’s reaction to both of them.  I’m not a fan of filling the squad out with loan players but look at him and tell me that didn’t mean anything to him.  Good football in the lead up to both goals (not shown in the Twitter clips).  Who let the dog into the commentary position?

5 minutes ago, WBR said:

Watching the goals back, I loved Otoo’s reaction to both of them.  I’m not a fan of filling the squad out with loan players but look at him and tell me that didn’t mean anything to him.  Good football in the lead up to both goals (not shown in the Twitter clips).  Who let the dog into the commentary position?

Absolutely. As has been mentioned, there’s not a player in our squad who hasn’t given it their all. Any short comings this year have been down to a lack of experience or ability for this level but certainly not effort.

There’s no denying that a clear out of some dead wood is required but anyone leaving should go with thanks. Out of the loanees, if Jamieson and Otoo wished to stay for another season I’d be very happy. Josh Jack will probably become a decent player in time too. There were some flashes this year and I’m sure the experience will stand him well.

I’m still pinching myself that the bookmakers had Clyde priced @ 11/4 for last nights game winning half time full time. Clyde were a certainty with our woeful away form and all the injuries . 

I say this with nothing but love for my fellow supporters having received no inducement whatever from East Fife. To call that a dive is very, very harsh. It's a brilliantly plausible tumble if it was intended to con the referee.

Rumsby has his arms on the East Fife player from the point the corner comes in. Of course, we all recognise that an amount of that goes on at corners. It's inevitable, difficult to police and rarely punished. But in the end, and right in front of the referee, Rumsby's seen to be pushing the player, his arms near the player's neck and all without any real claim on the ball. If you slow it down, you'll also see Rumsby's leg come across the player before he falls. One or both of those things, particularly given how the East Fife player was adjusting to follow the ball as it swung out, strikes me as being enough to put him off balance and start a fall.

Another player might've been steadier on his feet. True enough. But defenders have to play a game at corners as much as attackers do. You don't deal so aggressively with a player who has so little chance of getting on the end of it. And you certainly don't do it away from the scrum right in front of the referee.