Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

1 minute ago, sydney said:

Which one ? We’ve more than one forward. I’m joking of course and this has been done to death to the extent that’s it’s tiresome. The guy you’re talking about has not been charged, tried or convicted of a criminal offence. Denying him the right therefore to make a living from what he is trained to do is probably discriminatory. He has a wife and family and, besides playing for Clyde, has been retraining as an electrician in an effort to rebuild his life. Talking about morals in football is naive in the extreme. There are no morals in football. You see that every week on the pitch. I’m sure if you look back at the history of your club, you’ll have employed some right nasty c***s. Every club will have. What I do know is that football is full of sanctimonious p***ks. 

I never said that he should be denied the right to make a living. But would I want my club to do it? Absolutely not.

We have indeed had some ‘right nasty c’s’ but there’s nasty and then there’s what we’re discussing here.

And morals on the pitch are one thing, this is an entirely different scale.

I hadn’t forgotten about them in the slightest. But their crimes are considerably less heinous. Of that there’s no doubt.
Very interesting to see where you draw the line on your moral high ground.

Not at a domestic abuser.

Not at a serial flasher

I'd guess your moral high ground ain't so high

Was actually rather impressed by our first half performance. Looked ‘comfortable’ at the back meanwhile being dangerous going forward. Second half the visitors made a few changes and started cranking up the pressure. Didn’t take long for the pressure to take effect.

Jamieson made a really important impact and hope he and Ottoo can be retained for next season.

Well done to all the club. Management, board and fans. Great to be back at Broadwood tonight amongst the fans seeing my heroes. Roll on August or is it mid July?

2 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I’m probably a lot younger than you (28), you’ll need to explain that one.

Don’t think it’s an age thing.  You typed “huge overall” but meant overhaul (and I agree with your point).  The image depicts a giant man wearing huge dungarees (a form of overall - though only partial, rather than full overall, but all I could find at short notice before the thread moved on and my hilarious visual gag would have lost its impact.  Or so I thought.

22 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

One thing you will not see is East Fife lying down to Clyde. If we lose it will be because we are knackered and/or Clyde have something to play for.

Personally I think back to the last day of the 1973-74 season when Hearts offered nothing against Clyde at Tynecastle and gave them a point to relegate us. That's Hearts though. 

No offence, but I'm sure the next day's paper said something like "....so Clyde stay up and East Fife take the drop, which is no great loss!"

It's just one of those things that always stuck in my memory, probably because it is unusual for a notionally neutral report to display such bias.  That said, I think it was a reflection of East Fife's approach to the game in those days - certainly that season anyway!

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Very interesting to see where you draw the line on your moral high ground.

Not at a domestic abuser.

Not at a serial flasher

I'd guess your moral high ground ain't so high

Hey, everyone is different. I’m not for a minute suggesting any of those things are in any way acceptable, but I’ll sleep easy in my bed that he’s not at our club and that I’d be disgusted if he was.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not disagreeing that he's up there with the best in the league but a penalty he scored 10 years ago doesn't really justify that stance. He also didn't start the game, he came on as sub right before scoring the penalty. Apart from that you've been spot on with every detail :lol:

(spoken in a Michael Caine voice):  "You realise, don't you that you shouldn't have upset Mr Goodwillie like that...."

Hey, everyone is different. I’m not for a minute suggesting any of those things are in any way acceptable, but I’ll sleep easy in my bed that he’s not at our club and that I’d be disgusted if he was.
But you are saying they're acceptable (to play for your team)

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
19 minutes ago, NilNil said:

But you are saying they're acceptable (to play for your team)

Not once did I say that. But listen, what’s gone on tonight has happened. This is an aside to the football that will clearly be disagreed on. Fair play to Clyde for picking themselves up off the canvas tonight and getting the job done. Now we need to do the same.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

They have a home fixture against a weakened team with nothing to play for, with knowing exactly what is required so if Clyde don't win it will go down as an epic fail.

Yes and didn't Peterhead burst a gut to stop Dumbarton from scoring more in 90 minutes than they usually do in a month?

Dumbarton have a registered sex offender playing for them this season. That must be acceptable to you too then?

Not once did I say that. But listen, what’s gone on tonight has happened. This is an aside to the football that will clearly be disagreed on.

I must've misunderstood your previous post

I never said that he should be denied the right to make a living. But would I want my club to do it? Absolutely not.
We have indeed had some ‘right nasty c’s’ but there’s nasty and then there’s what we’re discussing here.
And morals on the pitch are one thing, this is an entirely different scale.

I thought Ross Cunningham was excellent tonight and done a lot of what was good. Hope we keep him next season. 
Agree, he could be a really good player for us if we played him up next to Goodwillie. He's wasted playing out right or in midfield.

59 minutes ago, WBR said:

Don’t think it’s an age thing.  You typed “huge overall” but meant overhaul (and I agree with your point).  The image depicts a giant man wearing huge dungarees (a form of overall - though only partial, rather than full overall, but all I could find at short notice before the thread moved on and my hilarious visual gag would have lost its impact.  Or so I thought.

I’ll give you that one ;) 

3 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

You're scraping it against our B team in the biggest game of your season!!

Ooooh, your B team?  Are they the ones you usually loan out to struggling SPL clubs for game time because they can't break into your A team?