Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

7 minutes ago, David W said:

That's something Clyde and Dumbarton fans can bond over. Good luck in the playoffs.

What a relief; we genuinely didn't look like scoring there. Hopefully that's the last Clyde match I need to watch on TV, it was absolutely horrible.

Let the recriminations for this season begin in the morning but at least our struggles this year were down to a lack of ability, rather than effort. And eternal thanks to St Mirren for sending Lewis Jamieson in our direction.

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
It's the hope that kills you. Every. Single. Time.

It's been a tough battle for 8th place. Best of luck in the play offs.

Cheers guys. The two clubs - despite being very different in styles - have been pretty much inseparable this season. It's no surprise at all that a late goal is what decided who finished where. I can't help but feel that Clyde's attacking players with our defensive players would be a team that would do quite well!

Clyde score goals. We do not, and haven't done all season. For that reason alone you deserved to stay up at our expense. Enjoy a nice stress-free night without having to worry about Stranraer or watching your current squad on a stream ever again. I'm not jealous at all. Honest...

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cheers guys. The two clubs - despite being very different in styles - have been pretty much inseparable this season. It's no surprise at all that a late goal is what decided who finished where. I can't help but feel that Clyde's attacking players with our defensive players would be a team that would do quite well!

Can we get your Centre half's next season to find out? 😂. Best of luck in the playoffs guys

22 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Delighted. Great effort considering the number of games played and we had to win the last two and, just like in the playoffs, managed to win when it mattered most. 

We are actually starting to make a habit of winning important games, whereas in the past we have been awful in that respect.

The winning goal....let's just say we're lucky there's no VAR:whistle

I'll counter that by saying the penalty was very soft. East Fife player just flings himself to the ground. For all of Rumsby's faults, he's not the sort to give stupid fouls like that away in the box.

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Only if we can have your forwards ;)

I wouldn’t have that one at my club for all the tea in China. Morality and doing the right thing still count for something at our club.

It’s a miracle we have survived. Fair play to Danny and the team. Huge overall required but we have made the right to do that. Huge performances from the lads who were part of our L2 promotion, who knew what it meant to the fans.

Lennon’s speech outside is testament to what a great man, manager, and part of the club he is. 

20 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

It’s a miracle we have survived. Fair play to Danny and the team. Huge overall required but we have made the right to do that. Huge performances from the lads who were part of our L2 promotion, who knew what it meant to the fans.

Lennon’s speech outside is testament to what a great man, manager, and part of the club he is. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ae11d270a81aad54bf427b788016b26c.jpeg
Sorry😄

32 minutes ago, NilNil said:

I wouldn’t have that one at my club for all the tea in China. Morality and doing the right thing still count for something at our club.

Huh? What about Alan Lithgow, Adam Strachan, Dougie Hill etc., if you're going to set up camp on that moral high ground?

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

Huh? What about Alan Lithgow, Adam Strachan, Dougie Hill etc., if you're going to set up camp on that moral high ground?

I hadn’t forgotten about them in the slightest. But their crimes are considerably less heinous. Of that there’s no doubt.

19 minutes ago, NilNil said:

Which one ? We’ve more than one forward. I’m joking of course and this has been done to death to the extent that’s it’s tiresome. The guy you’re talking about has not been charged, tried or convicted of a criminal offence. Denying him the right therefore to make a living from what he is trained to do is probably discriminatory. He has a wife and family and, besides playing for Clyde, has been retraining as an electrician in an effort to rebuild his life. Talking about morals in football is naive in the extreme. There are no morals in football. You see that every week on the pitch. I’m sure if you look back at the history of your club, you’ll have employed some right nasty c***s. Every club will have. What I do know is that football is full of sanctimonious p***ks. 

Just now, lionel wickson said:

Aye, you're right, except that DGW doesn't have a criminal conviction to his name.

That’s true. My point remains though. And I doubt this site would want the where’s and what-for’s brought up but I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. Relegation or not.

Just now, SLClyde said:

I thought Ross Cunningham was excellent tonight and done a lot of what was good. Hope we keep him next season. 

I like Cunningham and I think he's the sort of player who will be better if you surround him with better players. His goal at Peterhead is my goal of the season. However, the player East Fife had at right back in the first half was absolutely dreadful, had he ever played right back before? It was like the time we played John Sweeney out there.