Clyde vs East Fife (Take Two)

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Interesting thought... who would you say is the best in the league currently?

I think ability-wise, Goodwillie is miles in front. Scored against Casillas ffs. However almost half a decade playing at this level seems to occasionally rub off on him. He still does the odd Goodwillie thing though, thinking the first game back v East Fife where he just thought f**k it and decided to score.

Hard to pick out who I think is the best currently, maybe Fyvie at Cove? Also really like Antoniazzi at Montrose whenever I've seen him previously.

If we are looking at the whole league I would take Rudden over Goodwillie. Probably Mitch Megginson too actually.

I don't think Goodwillie scoring against Spain 10 years ago qualifies him as the best player, at any level, now. That being said, he is a very good option in league 1 and I'd have loved us to have a player like him this season!

Can't wait for his hat-trick tonight 😒

10 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

If we are looking at the whole league I would take Rudden over Goodwillie. Probably Mitch Megginson too actually.

I don't think Goodwillie scoring against Spain 10 years ago qualifies him as the best player, at any level, now. That being said, he is a very good option in league 1 and I'd have loved us to have a player like him this season!

Can't wait for his hat-trick tonight 😒

Quite simple if you watch Goodwillie every week as we do, we see a terrific player with fantastic attitude and work rate allied to great ability. What you would also see is a player essentially playing with equivalent of one boot on, given he is surrounded by absolute jobbers, often up front himself with the ball being rifled to him with snow on it!

Put him in any of the top 6 teams in this league and he would be on 25 plus goals this year easily. Best player in Clyde  shirt in generations and I’ve been watching for decades.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not disagreeing that he's up there with the best in the league but a penalty he scored 10 years ago doesn't really justify that stance. He also didn't start the game, he came on as sub right before scoring the penalty. Apart from that you've been spot on with every detail :lol:

You know what I mean! The pedantry in here is SICKENING *slams door*

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Quite simple if you watch Goodwillie every week as we do, we see a terrific player with fantastic attitude and work rate allied to great ability. What you would also see is a player essentially playing with equivalent of one boot on, given he is surrounded by absolute jobbers, often up front himself with the ball being rifled to him with snow on it!

Put him in any of the top 6 teams in this league and he would be on 25 plus goals this year easily. Best player in Clyde  shirt in generations and I’ve been watching for decades.

I haven't once argued against any of that. I also acknowledged that I would love to have him in our team for his abilities. But none of what you say makes him the "best player in the league" and I stand by my opinion that he isn't - as do many others going by the replies on this thread.

Edited by squeezeboxson

He's easily one of the best players in the league and proven goalscorer which is very difficult to find at this level.

It just emphasises how bad the rest of our team is that we have a striker guaranteed to score 20 to 30 goals a season and are struggling to stay up yet again.

For the stream of tonight's game, I'm assuming it'll just automatically be available to anyone who paid for the original game if you log into the site? I've not seen any communication about it. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, DIB said:

For the stream of tonight's game, I'm assuming it'll just automatically be available to anyone who paid for the original game if you log into the site? I've not seen any communication about it. Thanks.

Hi DIB- in my case , I was actually given a refund.Check your debit/credit card statement. Presuming I will have to re-enter and start again.

1 hour ago, DIB said:

You’ll have had a refund from the original game, mine came through Friday or Saturday last week. 

If we avoid defeat here, I expect every single fucking member of the #OneStandAlliance to post a 3 paragraph apology for some of the disgraceful abuse dished out to your fellow brethren last week. A disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

What's the strength of that EF lineup? Can see a few of the big names are missing.

I think it's pretty much as strong as we could have put out. A few seem to be out injured. Whether they're properly out or just carrying knocks and there's no point risking them, I'm not sure. Long, Murdoch, Higgins, Slattery, Swanson, Wallace, and Smith missing. The team tonight isn't far off the team that beat Forfar and Dumbarton recently though tbf.

22 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Going to be  a really weakened East Fife team tomorrow night . No Ryan Wallace, Chris Higgins, Kevin Smith, Danny Swanson and Agnew doubtful. Be a lot of youth players in the squad. If I was a Dumbarton fan I wouldn’t be very hopeful. Clyde will surely be fired up with what’s at stake for them. However pressure does funny things and Clyde  will really feel the pressure. I think not being a crowd will also work in their favour. East Fife only having 48 hour turn around from Forfar game also big advantage for Clyde. Home win I think. 

Agnew only player to make starting 11 when part time teams play so many games in quick succession inevitably injuries are a certainty. 

I should reaĺly want Clyde to win tonight, given the number of Saints connections, ex manager, loan players etc, while Dumbarton have more Morton connections.

However, Clyde still have Goodwiĺlie playing for them, so for that i hope they get gubbed.