The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

56 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Over 5k tickets left I make it. Surely there will be over 15,000 sold given that was the attendance for Breidablik which was more expensive. 

Sometimes it's hard to work out some of our support and what they actually want.

Over 5k tickets left I make it. Surely there will be over 15,000 sold given that was the attendance for Breidablik which was more expensive. 

We’d only sold 11k by the Tuesday for the Breidablik game so sales are looking stronger for this one. 10 games in a month is a big ask for fans and there will still be plenty who are hesitant to come back.

Still should be selling out a game of this magnitude though.

I'm on the contrary to a lot of people with this opinion but I think 12.5k tickets sold is a terrific effort. 

We've had 9 competitive games between the 22nd July and 22nd August. That's a lot of cash spent on tickets, PPV, merchandise, travel etc.

Big ask of fans given the financial predicament some will be in on the back of this pandemic. 

Lastly, I think we'll be pretty close to selling out. Usually a massive rush a day before and on the day.

29 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I'm on the contrary to a lot of people with this opinion but I think 12.5k tickets sold is a terrific effort. 

We've had 9 competitive games between the 22nd July and 22nd August. That's a lot of cash spent on tickets, PPV, merchandise, travel etc.

Big ask of fans given the financial predicament some will be in on the back of this pandemic. 

Lastly, I think we'll be pretty close to selling out. Usually a massive rush a day before and on the day.

Genuinely asking here, but this is the biggest home match for Aberdeen since when?

Guest Bob Mahelp
34 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Genuinely asking here, but this is the biggest home match for Aberdeen since when?

If you mean purely in a financial sense, it's probably the biggest home game since 2007. 

3 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If you mean purely in a financial sense, it's probably the biggest home game since 2007. 

As Bob says, Copenhagen in December 2007 where a fabulous performance took us through to the last 32 against Bayern.

21 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Sometimes it's hard to work out some of our support and what they actually want.

Truer words were never spoken. I listened to the latest Red Tinted Glasses podcast and had to laugh when they were reflecting fondly on Derek McInnes away record and stating the away support are miserable anyway so it doesn't matter how we play so long as Aberdeen get the job done.  😄

I’ve just listened to the interview with the Qarabag manager on RedTV and he was extremely diplomatic with all of his answers and nothing in the slightest controversial. However, I’m sure that the same weegie journalist that asked the Haken Manager what he thought of Starfelt, who had just signed for Celtic, has just asked the Qarabag manager of his reminiscences of Celtic playing Qarabag. That guy shouldn’t be allowed back into a press conference that doesn’t involve Celtic as one of the teams.

9 hours ago, betting competition said:

15,000 tickets sold - biggest game in 14 years and struggling to sell out.

I don't think it's the best arrangement that shortly after finding the money for a ST in summer less well-off fans need to think about extra costs for three home games in a short period.  By the time the 3rd tie comes along some won't be able to afford it.  The pandemic won't be helping either.