The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

14,000 tickets sold so far for Thursday 

Should sell the rest the on the provision we aren’t totally embarrassing at Tynecastle tomorrow 

Think it's only 11,000 sold so far. But considering there was 15k v Breidablik and tickets are cheaper I think it will be fairly close to a full house. 

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

Think it's only 11,000 sold so far. But considering there was 15k v Breidablik and tickets are cheaper I think it will be fairly close to a full house. 

There’s only about 3500 left so I reckon 14000 would be about right.

13 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

There’s only about 3500 left so I reckon 14000 would be about right.

The number of tickets sold is on the website and social media. Not all tickets go on sale at the same time. Its why there is sections that are entirely empty for some games, because they aren't opened unless it's needed. 

HT: Qarabag 2, Sabail 0.
EIGHT [emoji50] changes from Thursday! Both goals from teenaged striker Musa Qurbanly, who was on the bench for the 1st leg.
Seven of the rested players are on the bench for this. The #2, Qarayev, the only one missing.

Let’s hope the team now can cope with three big games in a short space of time - and we don’t get the Dundee United cup QF scenario of a rested team rolling us over comfortably, and Glass bemoaning the players’ inability to handle a busy fixture schedule.

Only Jack Mackenzie seemed to be deliberately left out today at Tynecastle.

FT: Qarabag 3, Sabail 0.

Qarabag were 2/11 with the bookies. Sabail 14/1. So they had a reason for being confident they'd get away with resting players. Sabail finished bottom of the 8-team Azeri top flight last season. Maybe Covid-19 kept them up.

I don't hold with resting players. Certainly not this early in the season.

Other sports I can understand. The NRL's Penrith Panthers lost a long unbeaten record when they rested their five New South Wales players (& one Queensland player) during the State of Origin games and lost two matches. A rugby league player being asked to play for NSW in 25c in Queensland, then being asked to turn out in 8c in Sydney 4 days later, is a mite different to playing two association football games.

A few years back, a semi-pro club I was once involved with had a fixture backlog that saw them play 18 games in 54 days at the end of the season. At no point had they been considered title contenders, but they won 14 and drew 4, with the finishing line coming just in time to allow the leaders to pip them for the title. They then obviously lost in the play-offs🙄.

Running 12km or 14km around a field in 90-odd minutes is not an activity that requires seven days' recuperation. I concede that niggling injuries may need some down time to heal.

Guest Bob Mahelp

After 3 away games, it'll be good to be back at the Pitt o'dreams again. 

First goal will be vital here. You've got to imagine that carrier bag will anticipate a fairly frenetic start from us, and will probably sit back and hit on the break. 

Little do they know that we're going to fool them by having almost no-one in our side capable of creating chances. Maybe if the JET of yesterday turns up, or if McLennan grows a pair. 

Other than that, we'll be relying on Ramsey and Mackenzie I suspect. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What's our chances, loons, fair to middling or middling to poor?

Or "There's no point in them turning up"?

History suggests that our chances are poor. Only twice in 50 years have we overturned a first leg defeat. 

The scrapping of away goals creates a different dynamic this time around though, and works in our favour.  Carrier bag, while having a good European pedigree 4 or 5 years ago, haven't been so good in recent years.... they lost away to LInfield 2 years ago. 

It's all about scoring goals. Will we be able to create the chances we'll need ?

I hope Aberdeen have something left in the tank for Thursday as this 2 games a week will take a fair bit out of us. Surprise to see Qarabag rest players when they are the opposite of Aberdeen as we are match fit but they are not. 

Biggest game in 14 years and we still have over 3k in the tickets to sell - very depressing!

Edited by betting competition

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Club have said 12,500 sold so far. Pretty disappointing to be honest. 

Piss poor or is there some marketing skullduggery at play here?

They should advertise free tooters for everyone to ensure a Copenhagen-like atmosphere.  That wasnt annoying in the slightest. 

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

Biggest game in 14 years and we still have over 3k in the tickets to sell - very depressing!

Over 5k tickets left I make it. Surely there will be over 15,000 sold given that was the attendance for Breidablik which was more expensive.