The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Like many others I would have taken a 1.0 defeat tonight before the game started. But Qarabag didn’t look like  Champions League Group stage team, although I’m sure that they will probably improve next week on a better pitch. We had little spells of playing decent football but not enough of them. And what the hell is putting Ramsay all the way over to the left wing to never take a free kick and leaving us exposed down the right when they break after the free kick fails, all about? Baffling to me. Lewis looked a tad slow to get down for the goal, although his view may have been blocked by Hayes, but otherwise had a good game. McKenzie excellent and my man of the match, and decent games by Ramsay and McLennan, but disappointed in Emmanuel-Thomas, Ramirez and Ojo. But difficult circumstances with the heat, the pitch and the referee. Making the rules up as he went along by making Ferguson go off after treatment for a foul that was booked. Bring on next Thursday.

I thought Ojo really helped us get a foothold in the game in the last 25. Only one in our team who managed to control the ball properly on that park. 

1-zip not the end of the world. We knew it would be tough, and the surface, ref, thuggy players, heat never helped us. 

I believe. We still need another striker though. JET cannot start v teams like Qarabag. 

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

I thought Ojo really helped us get a foothold in the game in the last 25. Only one in our team who managed to control the ball properly on that park. 

1-zip not the end of the world. We knew it would be tough, and the surface, ref, thuggy players, heat never helped us. 

I believe. We still need another striker though. JET cannot start v teams like Qarabag. 

Ojo was brilliant at pressing and winning the ball back. Unfortunately his use of the ball when in possession was pretty poor. Weird game for him.

On 22/07/2021 at 21:27, Dons_1988 said:

Too early to get carried away about the season ahead but can I get carried away about JET. 

A simply lovely performance tonight. 

I’d like to apologise for this lads. 

I got carried away. Very carried away. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d like to apologise for this lads. 

I got carried away. Very carried away. 

JET is being hung out to dry a bit by our lack of another option up top. Playing in games like last night where he’s completely unsuited. We play him v smaller teams like Rovers and we get a glimpse of what he’s capable of. Glass/Cormack need to bring in another option up top ASAP to allow Glass to use the squad properly. 

15 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Medvedev (captain) and Andrade (midfielder) both suspended for Qarabag next week.

Willie Garner didn’t seem impressed with the latter’s credentials as a Cape Verde international.

I'm not sure whether Medvedev is banned or not - he was given a straight red versus Ashdod, served a one match ban, and then has had two yellows since.  Although Glass said he was out next week, I think he might be mistaken.

When I've defended the use of artificial surfaces over the last few years it's been because of pitches like we witnessed last night. Give me a good artificial surface over a ploughed park like that last night every day of the week. Absolute disgrace of a surface and I bet Qarabag weren't happy about it either. 

Aberdeen's 7.500 coefficient would almost certainly put them in pot 3 - seven clubs are guaranteed to be ranked lower, Slovan Bratislava are losing 3-0 and if Rangers don't shit the bed then Alashkert will push you up into pot 3.

E9OOP9DWEAU55Wr?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Ginaro

31 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Aberdeen's 7.500 coefficient would almost certainly put them in pot 4 - seven clubs are guaranteed to be ranked lower, Slovan Bratislava are losing 3-0 and if Rangers don't shit the bed then Alashkert will push you up into pot 3.

E9OOP9DWEAU55Wr?format=jpg&name=small

No, we'd almost certainly be in pot three (which is as the graphic suggests).