The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was he definitely booked? I know rob McLean said so but tbh I don’t think they knew what was going on. 

UEFA website says McCrorie and Brown were booked, BBC says those two plus Gallagher.  So that's clear, then.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, resk said:

UEFA website says McCrorie and Brown were booked, BBC says those two plus Gallagher.  So that's clear, then.  

Live Score says only Brown and McCrorie. 

Evidently Gallagher should be available next week after all.

The goal to a large extent was a result of failing to get our $hit together once Considine went off - Hayes left exposed, and Lewis with yet another poor goal (though he did make a couple of vital saves).

My worry is that Qarabag will enjoy us having to come at them next week on a better pitch, as they looked very quick and smart on the break and have a track record of very good away results. This includes 3-0 in Warsaw last season and a win in Israel and draw in Limassol in earlier rounds this time round.

The lack of the away goals rule is helpful though - losing a goal early on doesn’t necessarily completely kill the tie - not that it would be a good idea to do so.

I am trying to rake my brains for an example of AFC ever turning round a first leg defeat away from home in 90 minutes at Pittodrie.

Closest I can think of is Ujpesti Dosza, but that took extra time.

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I am trying to rake my brains for an example of AFC ever turning round a first leg defeat away from home in 90 minutes at Pittodrie.

Not an issue if it takes 120 minutes next Thursday as it just adds to the ocassion and excitement 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Marek Dimitrov and Ujpest Dosza are the only times it's happened. 

18 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Dave needs to get chequebook out now I fear. Won’t be in time for next weeks Qarabag match but no way we can start Brown or our two centre halves

No idea what you mean. We certainly can’t go into the season with two centre  backs, one of who is McCrorie.