The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Have to say it's very rare to see a gamble of the size of the one taking place on Qarabag just now😳.

OK, it's not the World Cup Final. Turnover will not be high.

It doesn't take 5-figure bets to alter the market. I doubt it would take a 4-figure bet to alter the market.

However, Qarabag were 13/10 yesterday evening. Aberdeen were 2/1.

That's now shifted to a best 8/11 Qarabag, with some 4/1 about the Dons. One of the more exotic 🤠🤡 online firms is going 21/5. The Aberdeen price has doubled😮.

That would suggest to many that things are happening in SE Asia. (They are not😐😑)

Only £20,000 traded on Betfair but trade is getting brisk in the last 15 minutes and the Dons have been backed in that time: in to 5.1 just now, having been 5.5. Qarabag currently 1.92.

It's not like the weather is a surprise.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

As soon as McGhee made those Celtic comments at his first presser I knew we’d made a huge mistake 

That first Sigma game confirmed it and f**k me, what a miserable 18 months that was 

Looking at the team that started against Sigma and you'd be hard pressed to find a single backbone among them. Considine I think matured a lot over the years.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, McDonald, Considine, Kerr, Aluko (Paton 73), Young, Duff, Miller, Mackie (Maguire 60).
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Crawford, Holm, Megginson, Ross.

I was trying to remember how exactly we lined up that night and the BBC match report helped...

The Dons had an unfamiliar look about them, with Stuart Duff deputising for the injured Zander Diamond in the centre of defence and midfielder Derek Young starting the match at right-back.

In hindsight all the warning signs were there and we could have sacked McGhee there and then and saved us a lot of trouble.