The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

On 14/06/2021 at 12:30, tarapoa said:

Servette - probably last time I was in The Paddock.

"Servette hot, Servette cold, we don't care...."  being the inspired chant.

I was in The Paddock for the Servette game too...a pity the cameramen were on strike, I would've liked to watch that match again...the next match we were. of course, drawn against a team from Gothenburg who were mourning the loss of their recently assassinated Prime Minister Olof Palme...they just closed the case this year, blaming Skandiamannen, a graphics designer at the insurance company Skandia, who was working late that night.

It's a fascinating and mysterious murder...

57 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Given the dross that was in the pot, this is a remarkably shite draw. 

Hibs got the easiest draw possible. 

Agreed - their pot was much easier and they got the biggest gimme.

Given they will be the first competitive matches of the season, it would have been nice to have got more of a leg stretcher, rather than a club in mid season from a similar standard league to ours.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bob Mahelp

After a dodgy start, Hacken have won their last 3 league games and have climbed to mid-table. They've got Norrkoping away today who are 4th in the league. 

We on the other hand, managed to stop the double cup winners from scoring in a bounce game and have played another couple of kick arounds where both teams were changed at half time. 

An interesting contrast in preparation techniques......

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Confidence is high?

I'm torn in between it'll be all right on the night, and this has got Sigma Olomouc written all over it. 

All very technical in this Norrkoping v. Hacken game. Hacken just hit the outside of a post with an inswinging free-kick by a left-footer from out near the touchline in their outside-left position. Almost impossible to score from there. I think that's the 1st shot.

Not sure they'd like it up 'em, but Brits of any stripe usually come off 2nd best when attempting to out-hoof Scandinavians.

Looks warm. Had a water break as soon as the shot hit the post.

Stadium looks maybe 15% full. Home ultras noisy barstewards. Drums & flags. Hacken fans on the big terrace behind their goalie arranged with military precision for social distancing. No masks.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
typo

HT: 0-0. 

Halftime Covid-19 tannoy announcements in perfect English....

Followed by tannoy announcements advertising Unibet🙁😡.

Livened up a wee bit in the last 20 minutes. A few agricultural lunges flying about. Still generally a patient game though. Norrkoping looking the better side. Having a lot of possession. Looking likely to work a clear-cut chance sooner or later. 

Not one corner. The free-kick against the post the only Hacken shot. Only half-chances for IFK. 

I'd say "Under 2.5 goals" should be about £1.50 (2-1-on☹) for Thursday.

FT: Norrkoping 0, Hacken 1.

Degenerated into something resembling a gangland conflict in Malmo as things went on!

Hugely impressive attempt at a Harald Schumacher re-enactment by Hacken leftback Martin Olsson, who spent 10 years at Blackburn, Norwich & Swansea. Shoulder just below the throat of the speeding IFK player. Handbags came out, wee stramash, red card. 

Hacken goal on a fast breakaway. Sub allowed to carry the ball 50 yards and cut back inside. Low shot went through 5 defenders past an unsighted keeper. 

They don't look up to much. Tidy, but didn't seem overly physical or fast. I'd be confident the Dons of three years ago would edge the 1st leg and hold on over there with relative comfort. 

This isn't three years ago though. I'd expect a match fit Dons to edge this, but it looks a 50:50 call at this time of year.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Enjoyed the updates. 

I realise that the Swedish league isn't the strongest in world football, but that's Hacken won 4 games in a row and are undefeated in 5. They're now 8th in the league and are the form team in the Allsvenskan.

I suspect that we're going to have to hit the ground running on Thursday.