The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Cormack twittering stuff about the state of the pitch and playing the return leg at Inverdee.

That'll doubtless wind up the home team a bit.

Maybe better playing it at Sheddocksly 19 (does that still exist)  I think it was just outside Inverurie..........

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Cormack twittering stuff about the state of the pitch and playing the return leg at Inverdee.

To be fair, I don't think Qarabag want to play there either

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It's worse than Rugby park tbf.

Got my ticket and organised for an arduous logistical mission to get up to Aberdeen next Thursday night from Edinburgh. 

Im afraid I’ve just guaranteed that the tie will be over as a contest tonight and qarabag will be coming to pittodrie for a victory lap. 

Got my ticket and organised for an arduous logistical mission to get up to Aberdeen next Thursday night from Edinburgh. 
Im afraid I’ve just guaranteed that the tie will be over as a contest tonight and qarabag will be coming to pittodrie for a victory lap. 

Same here but from Ayrshire (booked the hotel and train 30 minutes after the game finished last Thursday). Love a midweek game at Pittodrie under the lights and first time back since 2019 so hopefully it’s still a close game by 7pm tonight.

Same here but from Ayrshire (booked the hotel and train 30 minutes after the game finished last Thursday). Love a midweek game at Pittodrie under the lights and first time back since 2019 so hopefully it’s still a close game by 7pm tonight.

If any dandies are needing a ticket for tonight's game they are selling them in the wee shopping centre just up from the Marriott.Got a few mates that work/ live in Baku that have already bought from there 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

In 2009, I left my work to race down to Pittodrie on the day of the Sigma Olomouc home leg to get tickets for the away one. I proudly returned to my work smugly waving my away tickets in the air.  Then the home leg took place in the evening and we were out before I had time to organise my journey to ABZ airport...☹️

Just the mere thought of those two matches sends a cold shiver down my spine...

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As soon as McGhee made those Celtic comments at his first presser I knew we’d made a huge mistake 

That first Sigma game confirmed it and f**k me, what a miserable 18 months that was 

Think after the game he said ‘I’ve gone from hero to idiot in 90 minutes’. 

I thought it was maybe a bit much at the time but well…

Edited by Dons_1988

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As soon as McGhee made those Celtic comments at his first presser I knew we’d made a huge mistake 

That first Sigma game confirmed it and f**k me, what a miserable 18 months that was 

My group, and a few others went round to the Sigma main stand at the Andruv Stadion to vent our frustrations and generally moan at the players and management team.

I remember McGhee standing up inside the bus parked outside that was waiting to shuttle the team to the airport with his arms round the back of one of the seats staring over as others heckled him, and I thought to myself then as I watched him that he was out of his depth.

I honestly wish we could strike those games from our history. I never thought that I'd see a worse European performance than Bohemians Dublin at home in 2000 and then those two Sigma legs came along.

It was made worse by the fact we had done so well in Europe a couple of seasons previously and I hoped for something similar but we just weren't ready for it and we wouldn't be ready for another four or five years... Miserable times to be a Dandy

2 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Sorted tix for me and my boys, will be driving up from Stirling after they come out of school. Really hope we are still in the tie after tonight 🤞. We will miss Hedges tonight. COYR!

1 hour ago, Highloon said:

We will miss Hedges tonight. COYR!

If we're looking to $hitfest it on this apparently terrible pitch - then maybe not a game for Hedges anyway.

It's next week he will be more of a miss.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

35 degrees Celsius at KO

Will be happy with anything better than a 1 goal defeat 

If we lose by 2 goals i can’t say I’d be confident of turning it around at Pittodrie 

Not quite that bad the BBC forecast shows 28C

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I managed to convert a *** from my school to the Dandies by taking him to that fucking Sigma game! I said to him, if you enjoyed that youll fuckin love supporting the dons!