The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

My favourite part of the evening was actually something Joe Lewis did after the game. Was arguing with their captain. He then proceeded to clip the guy round the lug directly in front of the ref, shooed the boy away with his hands then turned rounded and started wildly celebrating in front of the RDL 🤣

The place erupted like it was a last minute winner 

Great night - Pittodrie under the lights for European matches is normally very good, but the Red Shed have cranked up the matchday experience for everyone to a new level.

Almost McInnes-like in the first half hour in particular, and reminded me on that Shkendija game where you could sense the opponents getting more and more confident. Was actually very impressed with some of Breidablik's combination play - higher level than you'd expect from Icelandic opposition, and they were much easier on the eye that the Swedes from the previous round. We could do worse than throw some krona at then for their #11 who was excellent in both matches.

Maybe we still need to adapt to the away goals rule change and that there should be less jeopardy in the home team's play.

Yet another HT repair job needed, which is a double-edged sword in that our management are bold enough to sort things quickly - but also that's a few games where they have got it wrong at the start.

Ojo sparked us into life and was absolutely brilliant in just about everything he did - and other honourable mentions would have to go to Brown, McCrorie and eventually of course Hedges.

It was risk-reward basketball style at times though and thought the young full-backs had a tough evening, as much a victim of tactics and dealing with overloads as much as their own performance. Considine still struggles with Glass-ball and twice put us in bother - evidently Glass doesn't see Gallagher as the answer either unless we're more backs to the wall.  As stated, we will inevitably encounter two or three very sore scuddings this season.

The Q3 glass ceiling from the Europa has been busted in one go at this tournament. Had a quick glance at the Qarabag-AEL highlights and the atmosphere sounded tasty, albeit there is a running track so shouldn't be too intimidating. Their starting line up had six Azeris, and journeymen from France, Spain, Croatia, Colombia and Cape Verde.

This is a huge chance for the club in terms of finances, ranking points for future seasons and the simple prestige of being involved in European football past the normal three matches in the summer. Hopefully the team can set it all up for a great night at Pittodrie on the 26th.

Edited by tarapoa

When I saw the team I couldn't believe how defensive minded it looked and that is how the first half played out until the last 15 minutes which we become a lot better. The 2nd half he made changes that I didn't expect and went more attacking minded. When they went 2 at the back in about the 56th minute i expect us to go a bit more defensive but no there wasn't much tracking back from the likes McLennan and Hedges which left so much space out wide. I do like the attacking aspect of us but a better team would have picked us off defensively. 

Massive positives was Ojo, Brown and McCrorie performances which Brown was my man of the match again - what a signing he is!

It is about getting the result and we achieved that against a very decent team which  you can see how they managed to beat Austria Vienna. 

Edited by betting competition

I wasn't too chuffed at the defensive shape but we did praise him for making the changes in the first game. They consistently played that ball Inthe first leg and young Rambo struggled. Took him out if the firing line last night without dropping him and knocking his confidence.

3 hours ago, d31 said:

No word on tv?

I see Premier have announced the St Johnstone first leg and Celtic second leg but no news on any of the other ties as of yet?

There was word BT Sport were showing it - but now the club saying Red TV has exclusive PPV coverage.