The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Only made it as far as McDonalds at Bucksburn. Forgot how much of a nightmare it is getting away from Pittodrie when it’s busy. My young lad is dancing about singing that bloody She’s Electric song. Told him off for swearing. 😂

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Ojo was brilliant. McCrorie MOTM for me

^This.

Hedges will be spewing he'd didn't get at least 3, a standard Brooner performance and the young lads all did well!(won't mention McLennan's attempt)

Glass showing his tactical nous and bravery to change it as required deserves plaudits too imo.

Good game ,good result and the Red shed in fine voice.

Hibs tho.

1192110006_download(25).gif.392de3eabdbe1b4a6bda45b41c0dcc80.gif

Great night in the end. Don’t know why we started with the team that we did, but yet again superb half time subs. Ojo was my man of the match, and more than honourable mentions for Brown, McKenzie, McCrorie, Lewis, Hedges and McLennan. The Red Shed, so far, has proved to be a masterstroke by Dave Cormack. They have been brilliant in all three home matches and get the rest of the stadium going as well. More than satisfied with tonight.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Great night in the end. Don’t know why we started with the team that we did, but yet again superb half time subs. Ojo was my man of the match, and more than honourable mentions for Brown, McKenzie, McCrorie, Lewis, Hedges and McLennan. The Red Shed, so far, has proved to be a masterstroke by Dave Cormack. They have been brilliant in all three home matches and get the rest of the stadium going as well. More than satisfied with tonight.

I'd expect it was to do with the long diagonal that they were playing on Ramsay's head in the first leg. He really struggled with it.

I think it worked out ok defensively but it did stifle us from an attacking point of view and the change was needed.

the second half in particular was great entertainment, and we have been throughout the season so far but…I can’t help but feel we’re being let off the hook with some of the defending (or lack thereof). 

I think it can only get you so far, hopefully qarabag aren’t the team who actually punish us. 

49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

the second half in particular was great entertainment, and we have been throughout the season so far but…I can’t help but feel we’re being let off the hook with some of the defending (or lack thereof). 

I think it can only get you so far, hopefully qarabag aren’t the team who actually punish us. 

Cannae disagree with that.

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That was ace last night 

And great to see the Chairman saying already he will review ticket prices

Big couple of weeks for the club, potentially getting to the group stages is a huge financially 

That's good if he's saying that.

I thought Ojo was immense last night. It was he who injected a bit of life into our attack and into Ryan Hedges.

The first half was as poor as Livingston and Breidablik should've been a goal up but the guy passed when he should have nestled it bottom left.

However, again, the job was mostly done in the first leg and we always looked like we were going to have enough to get over the line.

I watched an hour of the AEL Limassol vs Qarabag match last week and didn't think the visitors were particularly proficient on the counter attack.

Our biggest challenge in the PO may well be the temperature in Baku...

It was great to be back, the Merkland looked hilarious from the South Stand and I'm happy to admit to being totally wrong about Scott Brown. I feared he'd be up here to lounge around and do a Macnamara. But the boy just loves playing football and noising folk up. He single handedly got one of theirs booked after dishing out and riding a couple of meaty challenges in the first half and I was more than a little aroused to see the Aberdeen captain needing to be restrained after the final whistle. Great stuff. Love it. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Guest Bob Mahelp

Just woken up after being knackered last night. I was in the Red Shed and it was a great blast, even for an old geeza like me....a bit like an away day, but at home. If this atmosphere can be kept up, it's gonna be fun every game. 

As pointed out above, last night was a bit of a curate's egg. We simply won't get away with putting out the wrong team for a first half in every game, and we look really, really vulnerable to a long diagonal ball and the opposition breaking quickly from midfield. 

As impressive as 5 wins out of 6 games and 14 goals has been, we're due a scudding soon if we keep on being so open. Whatever we were trying to do in the first half.....the team was absolutely loaded with similar midfielders.....didn't work. Was Gallagher injured ? It's a bit worrying that we're substituiting our high prfile central defender at half time otherwise. 

Second half was a million times better. Ojo is a revelation this season, being pushed further forward. Not just that, he has great attitude and together with Brown is driving the side forward. 

2 great finishes from Hedges, let's hope he stays. And Brown, as pointed out so many times, is a machine. He's the difference between what's been a super positive start to the season, and the dreary dross that we were often subjected to in the last couple of years. 

Oh, and McLennan. I have a feeling we're going to ask him to play an important part this season, especially in the absence of a 2nd striker. The sad fact is, he's just not upping his game to the level we need. He still displays this mental weakness that indicates he doesn't believe in his own abilities.

He needs locked in a room with Scott Brown for a week. That would do him a world of good.