The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Can't agree with you here.

Thought the pricing would be the difference between getting 12/13K and maybe 16/17K..............and that looks like proving to be the case.

£18 STH / £22 non-STH would have been more realistic for this if getting max bums on seats was the priority.

We've tended to max out at about 15kish against diddies in europe (although we did get 17k against siroki berg). We pretty much know we'll get 10k so in income only terms it makes no difference doing 10k at £30 or 15k at £20.

Personally i'd rather the club went for numbers rather than ££ while we have a bit of momentum. First it's the right thing to do. Second, more dandies = more money long term. 

But for this game only, i don't think we'll lose money by pricing some people out. 

4 hours ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Not difficult when one is a dealer and one's "customers" are junkies... which, as everybody knows - including chairmen & treasurers - is basically the relationship clubs have with fans...

....and not just in Leith🥄🔥💉🤪

I was thinking about that, and how cheap it is for kids to get in. Get them hooked then you'll have another full paying mug in a few years. The elderly you can let them in for cheap because most of them won't be arsed attending, or the ones that do won't be going for long.

The Ugly Sisters take this to another level. They get the families and churches to brainwash the young to become another member of the moronic masses, buying up tickets, replica shirts and other merchandise to swell up the coffers.

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yup it’s really piss poor pricing and the club have made a balls of that one

I paid it happily but that would be really off putting to most, especially if you want to take kids 

You really need to compare the St.Johnstone pricing against far superior opposition - they have it totally right.

6 hours ago, Buckets said:

12,500 sold 5,500,remaining. That only adds up to 18k. What happened to the other 2,500 seats? 

I think that UEFA requirements mean that a large volume of the main stand can't be used by fans. The club are also setting up an area of the ground (I'm not sure where) for social distancing for fans who aren't yet comfortable going back to sit close to others. Combined, I imagine these will add up to 2500 seats or so.

Was really keen to go to this but from what I can see on the website it looks as if cheapest tickets (adult) are £30 (no idea if this is a gold platinum or silver game....what does that all mean)  Will try and get a stream at home and simultaneously watch the St Johnstone game on normal telly.

Is this the pricing for this game only or are we looking at £30 for Ross County at home etc?  If the old and infirm are Platinum games I cant see the crowds flocking back at £34

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

Was really keen to go to this but from what I can see on the website it looks as if cheapest tickets (adult) are £30 (no idea if this is a gold platinum or silver game....what does that all mean)  Will try and get a stream at home and simultaneously watch the St Johnstone game on normal telly.

Is this the pricing for this game only or are we looking at £30 for Ross County at home etc?  If the old and infirm are Platinum games I cant see the crowds flocking back at £34

Gold, silver etc applies to different areas in the stadium

1 minute ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Gold, silver etc applies to different areas in the stadium

Surely it would be easier to just say Main Stand, South Stand etc then

Such a shame that the Dons have over-priced this game would have been great with a full house.

18 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You must be tongue-in-cheek with the "good call" as you also seem to be suggesting that maximising revenue isn't all that matters and of course it isn't. You should always keep your customers (especially in football where they aren't just customers but supporters) onside.

In my view, I'm afraid, the pricing for this match and the Hacken match previously are ill-judged and my concerns are not in the present (well, actually they are) so much as if it's testing the water for future increases.

Not exactly tongue in cheek, more trying to make the point that i think that the price was set to squeeze maximum cash out now. Not that i think it should have been. 

In 1988, the South Stand cost £3.50 and the average UK salary for a 25 year old male was £12K.

If inflation tells us this it is now £32, then the average UK salary for 25 year old male should now be £109K.

Now I know many 25 year olds in the north-east do swan around in Q7s with personal reg plates, but not sure that is a complete demographic representation.

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In 1988, the South Stand cost £3.50 and the average UK salary for a 25 year old male was £12K.

If inflation tells us this it is now £32, then the average UK salary for 25 year old male should now be £109K.

Now I know many 25 year olds in the north-east do swan around in Q7s with personal reg plates, but not sure that is a complete demographic representation.

Also1988 kids pricing was zero if you could lift them over the turnstile.