The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Absolutely strolled that in the second half, they couldn't get near us.

Nice to see Glass making tactical/personnel changes and making a difference. Probably a question that still lingered over the new regime. Good night's work.

Good result, all things considered - puts us in a great position to qualify next week. Second half was an improvement, even if it still occasionally resembled a basketball match.

Credit to Glass for the three changes at half-time. Certainly a bold move when you aren't actually losing. All three of them worked out; McGeouch was very calm and composed, Gallagher gave us a bit more solidity, and McLennan helped us press more effectively while also getting the assist for the winner. 

Special mention for Brown who I thought was excellent in the second half. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Good result, all things considered - puts us in a great position to qualify next week. Second half was an improvement, even if it still occasionally resembled a basketball match.

Credit to Glass for the three changes at half-time. Certainly a bold move when you aren't actually losing. All three of them worked out; McGeouch was very calm and composed, Gallagher gave us a bit more solidity, and McLennan helped us press more effectively while also getting the assist for the winner. 

Special mention for Brown who I thought was excellent in the second half. 

It wasn't just the changes but the change in formation too. Switching to a back three nullified that long ball that was causing havoc.

I was a seething mess at half time, but a much more relaxed second half.

Only complaint would be there was another goal there for us, as they were knackered at the end - better composure and decision making needed, and yet another Ojo sitter.

Agree personnel and formation change made a big difference, though presuming Ferguson was injured rather than a tactical sub?

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Brown was my MOTM

What a signing 

Agreed. I've been generally very impressed with him so far. I had the fear he was going to be another (doubtless much more expensive) Hartley. Signs are encouraging so far.