The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Succint analysis - 

“Then we gave away a corner and a penalty and it is 2-0 to make it difficult for ourselves.

“At 3-1 then the game got too open for us and it is 5-1.

“It is a really bad result for us.”

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Succint analysis - 

“Then we gave away a corner and a penalty and it is 2-0 to make it difficult for ourselves.

“At 3-1 then the game got too open for us and it is 5-1.

“It is a really bad result for us.”

He’ll get a job on sportsound 

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I loved it when he took out the number 9 player who was on the deck for 2 or 3 minutes. Also loved the 50/50 tackle which you knew he would win. Looks a great signing for us. 

Sounds really daft but I most enjoyed him seeking out a player who'd done something well, be it a goal, assist or just a chance created and letting them know how well they'd done. 

Also making his teammates go round the crowd after the game with a few of them throwing shirts in to the crowd. He's a P.R man 😂

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sounds really daft but I most enjoyed him seeking out a player who'd done something well, be it a goal, assist or just a chance created and letting them know how well they'd done. 

Also making his teammates go round the crowd after the game with a few of them throwing shirts in to the crowd. He's a P.R man 😂

I did like that too and also his wee hug with Joe Lewis was nice to see too - the team spirit looks amazing which Jet and Ramirez

Can't stop singing: “When the ball hits the net and it’s not scored by JET it’s Ramirez”

Fair fucks, that is in a helluva start to the season. For the love of God, please look after Emmanuel-Thomas. He was that good he even had a cyncial auld dullard in Willie Miller (who I love btw) absolutely purring about his performance. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Even though he looks daft, he isn't. Brown knows that he has to win over the Dons fans. 

With a scintillating team performance last night, a top class individual performance, and the fact that he showed that he's determined to give 200% in a red jersey including lead from the front, it couldn't have went any better.

Last night was a very important night for Brown (and for Glass of course). They've given the fans an instant feel-good hit and that'll make everybody connected with the club walk around with a smile on their face for at least the next week. 

Happy days (at least for a week :-)) 

Doesn't look to have been a lucky result for Breidablik in Vienna last night.  

Breidablik's top scorer is Thomas Mikkelsen, formerly of United and Ross County, but he didn't make it off the bench last night. They knocked out Sturm Graz in 2013 so perhaps them being well in the tie shouldn't be a surprise.

image.thumb.png.d9fbe6b454dcf6a9b3c817c215cf7807.png

46 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Doesn't look to have been a lucky result for Breidablik in Vienna last night.  

Breidablik's top scorer is Thomas Mikkelsen, formerly of United and Ross County, but he didn't make it off the bench last night. They knocked out Sturm Graz in 2013 so perhaps them being well in the tie shouldn't be a surprise.

They have half a dozen Iceland internationals in the squad. I know the Iceland team has a decent starting XI with the rest of the squad a bit.. meh but they're clearly not mugs

I see it as a good thing either way. Either Breidablik get through and we have a good shot, or Austria Vienna are worse than they possibly "should be" , giving us a decent shot either way. I presume we would be out performing our seeding should we progress past the next round into the play offs?

I see it as a good thing either way. Either Breidablik get through and we have a good shot, or Austria Vienna are worse than they possibly "should be" , giving us a decent shot either way. I presume we would be out performing our seeding should we progress past the next round into the play offs?

Yes, we are seeded to go out in the next round.

We surely have a good chance to sort that this time - even though I still think FK Austria will comfortably win in Iceland.

Last night was superb - my main fear all along is the “style” isn’t backed up by substance. Both of them were evident in abundance. Proper Euro under the lights atmosphere in the ground too, despite the restricted numbers and hassle those in the South in particular had getting in.

Getting such rewards for good play doesn’t always happen of course, but play like that and we’ll be alright this season.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At least these matches have proved once and for all, if it was ever in doubt, who the bigger club are. Aberdeen P&B European match thread, 17 pages; Hibs P&B European match thread, 7 pages.

And ours would still have been bigger had we lost...

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

At least these matches have proved once and for all, if it was ever in doubt, who the bigger club are. Aberdeen P&B European match thread, 17 pages; Hibs P&B European match thread, 7 pages.

I think that all it proves is that Hibs...not for the first time in a cup competition....got the easiest draw possible. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
39 minutes ago, big al said:

Assuming nothing daft happens in the 2nd leg, which date of the 2 is the date of the home leg in the next round? August the 5th or 12th?

We're away first leg...

Austria Wien (AUT) / Breidablik (ISL) vs Aberdeen (SCO) / BK Häcken (SWE)