The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

41 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think it will allow the likes of Ferguson to shine a bit more too.

I tend to find Saints get more out of other midfielders in our games when Liam Craig plays. He just seems to be there too, bit more importantly, he protects others around him by being the guy snarling and moaning at the ref, letting others just get on with their game. Brown will do the same for you guys, which is something you have been missing for a long time. As an opposition fan it totally enraged you, but great when it's one if your own players. 

This is on the money. Brown sat in front of the defence cutting out passes and showing for short balls out. 10 million-pound-rated Lewis Ferguson was doing that last year but today, instead, he hit the post with a great shot when we needed a lift and scored a screamer as well as spraying dangerous passes about all day. 

Just hope we can keep him. 

That was a great evening. I was in Section X and the guys in the Merkland did a superb job, so good it seemed like a much bigger crowd than the 5600 that were there. Bit of a nightmare queuing before the match, but once the lassies came up with the Covid and ID checks things moved quickly. I hope that everyone was in for the kick off, but no idea. Overall it was an excellent team performance with my stand outs, Ramsay, Considine, Ojo, Emmanuel-Thomas, Ferguson and Hedges. Scott Brown bringing his Celtic “style” to Pittodrie, getting in everyone’s faces. Loved it.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not yet but our goals were all uploaded individually to the clubs twitter account.

Cheers. That 5th goal is class. 

Still feels weird seeing Brown playing for Aberdeen :lol: 

All round team performance from Aberdeen tonight. .When it went to 3-1,  i was waiting for the usual" boot to the sacks " that Scottish teams seem to get in early Euro games ..BUT  NO.. Instead of sitting back and looking nervous , Aberdeen kept pressing and got the result they deserved.. Whole team looked up for it , right to the end ..Good game..

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely never saw a result like this coming, well in Dandies. How did Brown play?

He was good tbf. An understated performance but was quietly snuffing out counter attacks all night and his distribution was good. It also allowed Ferguson to push on in a box to box role while brown just sat. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was good tbf. An understated performance but was quietly snuffing out counter attacks all night and his distribution was good. It also allowed Ferguson to push on in a box to box role while brown just sat. 

Tbh when you signed Brown I just assumed Ferguson was going to be away. Its a cracking centre midfield  if you keep him this transfer window.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

Tbh when you signed Brown I just assumed Ferguson was going to be away. Its a cracking centre midfield  if you keep him this transfer window.

I think chances are he’ll be gone by the end of the window. Good to see he’s not spat the dummy out as he was great last night but yeah I think he’ll be away.