The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

When was the last time you scored 5 goals at home? Must be a long time ago. 

We beat Chikhura Sachkhere 5-0 at home in Europa League Quals on 1st August 2019.

They weren't exactly of the same pedigree though...

Must admit, I paid no attention to this fixture. Pleasantly surprised to see Aberdeen dish out a pumping.

Was this a team they were expected to pump ala the gang that Hibs played or was this supposed to be close or indeed, Hacken favourites?

Cracking result to kill the tie either way though.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, I paid no attention to this fixture. Pleasantly surprised to see Aberdeen dish out a pumping.

Was this a team they were expected to pump ala the gang that Hibs played or was this supposed to be close or indeed, Hacken favourites?

Bookies had us as slight favourites.

If you read our thread or afc-chat though...

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think a full time team, mid table in the Swedish league and half way through their season, out trump the grocers and mechanics (all furloughed) of some shambolic Andorran lot. 

As a non Aberdeen fan, it looks night and day vs last season. I think under Mcinnes you would have sat in at 2-0 and tried to see out the game, but that was a team that recognised they were on top and kept going and have essentially killed the tie already.

Bonus is that a lot if their players looked knackered or took a few knocks.

As much as he is a total pr!ck, Brown looked to give you a backbone you have been missing for a long long time. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

As a non Aberdeen fan, it looks night and day vs last season. I think under Mcinnes you would have sat in at 2-0 and tried to see out the game, but that was a team that recognised they were on top and kept going and have essentially killed the tie already.

As much as he is a total pr!ck, Brown looked to give you a backbone you have been missing for a long long time. 

I think Brown made the difference between winning that game 5-1, and sitting back at 3-1 to soak up pressure and settle for that. 

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

He just always seemed to be 'there'.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He just always seemed to be 'there'.

I think it will allow the likes of Ferguson to shine a bit more too.

I tend to find Saints get more out of other midfielders in our games when Liam Craig plays. He just seems to be there too, bit more importantly, he protects others around him by being the guy snarling and moaning at the ref, letting others just get on with their game. Brown will do the same for you guys, which is something you have been missing for a long time. As an opposition fan it totally enraged you, but great when it's one if your own players.