The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

29 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I would want is Viktoria Plzen or Dynamo Brest as they will be seeded in the 4th round, so is PAOK so maybe worth taking that one too. 

Possibilities of a repeat of the 1985 tie with Servette, which was the final great European night under Fergie (IFK and Sion* were less memorable) or the 1980 tie against Austria Wien IF we can topple Hacken.

*If I remember correctly, the Moroccan World Cup star Aziz Bouderbala was the victim of a fairly constant stream of racist abuse at the Pittodrie  leg. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I've just had a look at Austrian league and how they qualify for Europe - crazy system as Austria Vienna finished 8th in their league but got europe with play-off system. 

This means nothing to me.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

I've just had a look at Austrian league and how they qualify for Europe - crazy system as Austria Vienna finished 8th in their league but got europe with play-off system. 

Drawing a team who've finished 7th and 8th in the last two Austrian league seasons is pretty favourable as a QR3 draw for whoever progresses.

Really hope we get past the Swedes as Vienna is two hours away and I have a pal who's a season ticket holder. Fingers crossed that I can somehow get to this game, considering we never seem to be drawn anywhere close.

On 19/07/2021 at 09:28, betting competition said:

Didn't know that Gallagher is suspended for the first game. Very short in that position, i would expect Glass to make another signing. 

Even in his pre match interview, Stephen Glass didn’t mention that Declan Gallagher is suspended. Let’s hope that we don’t play him, win 6.0 and get chucked out of the competition.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Even in his pre match interview, Stephen Glass didn’t mention that Declan Gallagher is suspended. Let’s hope that we don’t play him, win 6.0 and get chucked out of the competition.

Well good news is at least one of those things definitely won’t happen. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It is on the uefa website that he is suspended.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/50122--aberdeen/

What a fantastic name for our young goalkeeper: Blessing Oluyemi

I listened to Northern Goal and Here We Go podcasts and they had what I think was the same Swedish fitba journalist on both.

On HWG, he sounded so so about Häcken’s chances. Listening to Northern Goal and it feels there’s no point in us turning up tomorrow - this lot are full of top players, bang on form, and think they’re going to the group stages.