Elgin City v The Champions

3 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Could be totally wrong but I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere he lost his job with fire brigade when the gambling accusations became public?

wouldn't be a surprise if he did lose it due to the case ongoing and accusations that would be a bit of a bummer 

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

, but we made a shedload of mistakes which is not like us. Hester was unplayable, so sharp at getting his shots in.

Aye Carroll had a stinker for two of the goals but I can forgive him as he's been pretty solid this season, especially pre-January (at that stage he was our best new signing imo)

Willie can do so much better at their first but when was the last time he could be blamed for any goal? First mistake he's made in a long time, he's been class

I thought the first half was pretty even and  uneventful, had a classic end of season feel about it and I was predicting a boring draw. Second was mental in comparison and Elgin fully deserved to win. 

4 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Innocent til proven guilty, so can't see how they could sack him. Possibly make him office based and away from frontline duties.

Can't see how working in an office makes any difference whatsoever given the actual issue . Might be a concern if he steals ladders or fire engines.

10 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Disappointing way to finish but fair play Elgin and good luck for the play offs would happily swap an away day to Borough Briggs over Broadwood in League 1 emoji1696.png
As for the game itself a tale of two no 9s one of whom was a constant threat...

I agree with Alf, well done Elgin hope you can maintain your recent run and join us in the move upstairs. Always enjoy my trip to Borough Briggs a real family club.

Our No9 has been a big disappointment,  regardless of his front line partners  he just hasn't clicked.

Still as one of Ray's old boys, I guess he'll be with us for a while yet.