Elgin City v The Champions

56 minutes ago, an86 said:

What we thinking then? Put the tools away in order to maximise the chance of a few beers in Grantown next season?

Tempting as that may be for us fans professional pride will shine through and although a tough fixture at the best of times we should control it along the lines of a 2-0 victory. Elgin are a good side but I feel they fall just short of Stranraer for play off success. Yes I know their last result against Stranraer.

I'm not looking forward to this at all. It's bad enough playing the champions with our season in the balance but desperately looking out for another score makes it particularly stressful. I just hope we do it.

Edited by afca32

On 03/05/2021 at 14:09, an86 said:

What we thinking then? Put the tools away in order to maximise the chance of a few beers in Grantown next season?

Sounds like a plan to me …

A superb ending to an utterly mad regular season. The players and staff have shown an incredible mentality to bounce back from that dreadful run of form a few weeks ago, enormous credit should go to all of them for that. I wasn't at all confident coming into this game, but we played without fear and I thought thoroughly merited that result. The whole team was excellent, I could write several paragraphs on them but I'll keep it brief for now. Every team has had a brutal schedule recently, but the fact we've put in most of our best performances of the season during it to turn things around when it would have been easy to crumble I think puts us in a really good position going into the play-offs. They must also have done a lot more travelling in this period than most other teams. It'll be nice to have a few days rest between games for a change, then onto the serious stuff.

Edited by afca32

Disappointing way to finish but fair play Elgin and good luck for the play offs would happily swap an away day to Borough Briggs over Broadwood in League 1 [emoji1696]
As for the game itself a tale of two no 9s one of whom was a constant threat...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

We're apparently interested in The Gambler.  How many goals is he on this season now?

Quite a few teams naturally interested apparently. He just signed a three year contract at Elgin so won’t come cheap. That’s if he disna end up in the pokey of course!

Well done Elgin great result. Must admit I had my doubts but they have dug in and showed great spirit and bottle over the last 5 games and produced some really good football. 
It’s about time we had a result over Edinburgh and what better time than now. We have had more ups and downs than snakes and ladders this season and I suspect more to come!

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

We're apparently interested in The Gambler.  How many goals is he on this season now?

been a few teams interested in him supposidly not sure if he'd make it in the championship though might be to big a step for him but looks like shanes been doing fine through there and as said before not sure what way that court case will go 

Quite disappointed. Elgin were really up for it, not surprisingly, but we made a shedload of mistakes which is not like us. Hester was unplayable, so sharp at getting his shots in.

Loads for Ray to think about this morning.

Good luck to Elgin in the play offs.

26 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Quite a few teams naturally interested apparently. He just signed a three year contract at Elgin so won’t come cheap. That’s if he disna end up in the pokey of course!

That court case comes a month too late for us! He was simply outstanding last night; lightning fast.

Despite his pending case, football is that most forgiving of professions.  We have a couple of utter reptiles in the lower leagues, and they found a place ok.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

21 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

I'd imagine that it would need to be a big team  to come in for Hester to make it worth his while as he's a full time fire fighter (I think).

was thinking that aswell as a full time fire fighter it might be a hard task if he joined a full time team say in the championship as he'd probably have to relocate or travel time and training would be more days scheduled out of the week and take up more time out of the fire fighting were you could be needed at anytime

3 minutes ago, cityloon said:

was thinking that aswell as a full time fire fighter it might be a hard task if he joined a full time team say in the championship as he'd probably have to relocate or travel time and training would be more days scheduled out of the week and take up more time out of the fire fighting were you could be needed at anytime

Could be totally wrong but I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere he lost his job with fire brigade when the gambling accusations became public?