Duffy's Dumbarton Duffers v Peterheid

We'll that was unexpected...so many twists and turns in one game

Thought we started well and a well taken goal by Wilson, and we looked hungrier than I've seen at any time this season. Gradually though Peterhead worked their way back into the game and the equaliser was coming

As for their second...was it Frizzel who was fannying about instead of clearing it? And it had to be Derek Lyle who scored

At this point I was thinking...at least we don't have to go through the pain of hoping East Fife didn't do us a favour... couldn't see us scoring two never mind three goals in one game

Then up steps big Morgyn Neill...not quite sure why we haven't scored many goals from corners this season, but a great header

Then...in added on time..a great looping header from Wilson again

We may still go into the playoffs...but at least we will make Clyde work for it

Cmon East Fife

8 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

He very probably is... but class is permanent.

Hope you've done enough to survive.

I thought he was awful last night, and couldn't believe that Duffy hooked wee James Wallace before him.

Then he goes and pings a corner onto Morgyn Neill's head, and 10 minutes later delivers one of the best crosses I've ever seen for the winner. He's an enigma but he's now on 10 assists for the season and, without his contribution, we'd likely have finished below Forfar (although I'd need to look into the figures on that). Despite that I wouldn't say he was in our top 10 players from this season...and there's hardly been a great deal of competition for that.

Once again, the Swear Cam makes tremendous viewing/listening.

I would draw your attention to 1:17 for a classic of the lower league genre. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought he was awful last night, and couldn't believe that Duffy hooked wee James Wallace before him.

Then he goes and pings a corner onto Morgyn Neill's head, and 10 minutes later delivers one of the best crosses I've ever seen for the winner. He's an enigma but he's now on 10 assists for the season and, without his contribution, we'd likely have finished below Forfar (although I'd need to look into the figures on that). Despite that I wouldn't say he was in our top 10 players from this season...and there's hardly been a great deal of competition for that.

Just to dig into this a bit more. His 10 assists have led to 10 points.

The winner against Cove Rangers (+2), both against East Fife (+3), the winner against Clyde (+2) and two last night (+3). Without his contribution we'd be on 15 points and would've been relegated. 

It's wild. There isn't another player in the league who could've put that cross in last night. In fact there are very few players in the Championship who could deliver a ball with that sort of quality. 

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just to dig into this a bit more. His 10 assists have led to 10 points.

The winner against Cove Rangers (+2), both against East Fife (+3), the winner against Clyde (+2) and two last night (+3). Without his contribution we'd be on 15 points and would've been relegated. 

It's wild. There isn't another player in the league who could've put that cross in last night. In fact there are very few players in the Championship who could deliver a ball with that sort of quality. 

Is this 10 league assists? As in Forbes has set up 10 of our 14 league goals? That's utterly embarrassing. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is this 10 league assists? As in Forbes has set up 10 of our 14 league goals? That's utterly embarrassing. 

Nope, 10 in all competitions. Two were against Huntly and one against Clyde in the League Cup. So he's only set up seven of our 14 league goals...

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Nope, 10 in all competitions. Two were against Huntly and one against Clyde in the League Cup. So he's only set up seven of our 14 league goals...

Oh well that's not totally embarrassing...

I cannot wait until we clear this squad out.

45 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I think that's what makes it worse. We know what he is capable of, but he continues to waste 90% of our dead ball situation with absolute dross.

I suspect his set piece success rate would compare favourably to most set piece takers.