Duffy's Dumbarton Duffers v Peterheid

I suspect his set piece success rate would compare favourably to most set piece takers.
I don't think we should offer him a new contract but to say 90% of his set pieces are dross is just nonsense.

Although his shooting from Free Kicks has been well below my expectations. I don't think he has troubled a goalkeeper at all this season shooting from a free kick.

3 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

I suspect his set piece success rate would compare favourably to most set piece takers.

I've said it before and I will say it again... if I hit 15 corners/free kicks every match I would get at least 1-2 of them right. That's the kind of success rate we are talking about. It's impossible to know how many he has hit but I would estimate that it couldn't be much more than 10% could be classed as "good deliveries".

He has set his own high standards and this season his deliveries haven't been good enough, given how many he has hit.

42 minutes ago, super-son said:

I don't think we should offer him a new contract but to say 90% of his set pieces are dross is just nonsense.

Although his shooting from Free Kicks has been well below my expectations. I don't think he has troubled a goalkeeper at all this season shooting from a free kick.

I'm being serious when I say 90% have been poor. The amount of free kicks which end up out of play is ridiculous.

I've not even started on his free kicks. He hasn't properly worked a 'keeper this season. I now don't even get remotely excited by the prospect of him hitting a free kick around the box any more.