Airdrieonians vs Falkirk

Was brilliant, wasn't it? Holt might manage a point on Tuesday against our fringe side, you never know. 'Expect the unexpected' and all that.
No doubt they two were wretched, but didn't they always manage to beat Montrose? Anyway, the old adage is that the league table doesn't lie, and you have gone from 2nd place to 4th place since making the change. Fourth place is, quite simply, worse than second place. 

We are no worse

You are two places worse. For now. 

In terms of performance we are no worse. M&M had nearly a full squad when they were failing. TBF on Holt he has two kids at CH and no midfield creativity because of injury. That is no excuse however

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

In terms of performance we are no worse. M&M had nearly a full squad when they were failing. TBF on Holt he has two kids at CH and no midfield creativity because of injury. That is no excuse however

Correct. 

Obviously I would hope to see Airdrie win for an impressive  2nd place. However recent games have thrown up many surprises in L1 as the Prediction league has shown.  I think Montrose might well just miss out.  So 4th place for the Bairns and a game against Morton . Thereafter who knows how any of us will do in the playoffs. 

As i mentioned elsewhere, i was torn between what would be funnier. Falkirk staying down or morten being relegated. I hadnt really contemplated the possibility of both happening. So aye. Play the strongest team and put these fannies out their misery. Doubt we will win the play offs so at least we would get another 12 points off them next season

4 hours ago, AndyDD said:

I mean, surely an argument can be made that they have only gotten worse since they binned their managers?

We really haven't.

I have watched pretty much every minute of every game.

The myth that there has been a drop in performance is just that. A myth. We aren't playing any worse than we have been all season.

We have been absolutely diabolical all season. The only difference is that before Christmas we were a bit less diabolical than everyone else.

Once other teams started to gel, and realise that we are absolutely dreadful and if you just have a go at us we will collapse, we've totally bottled it.

This was all depressingly predictable to anyone who actually paid attention to how we played rather than cream themselves after we've shitfested our way to a 2-0 win against Forfar or someone like that.

Edited by Gaz

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We really haven't.

I have watched pretty much every minute of every game.

The myth that there has been a drop in performance is just that. A myth. We aren't playing any worse than we have been all season.

We have been absolutely diabolical all season. The only difference is that before Christmas we were a bit less diabolical than everyone else.

Once other teams started to gel, and realise that we are absolutely dreadful and if you just have a go at us we will collapse, we've totally bottled it.

This was all depressingly predictable to anyone who actually paid attention to how we played rather than cream themselves after we've shitfested our way to a 2-0 win against Forfar or someone like that.

Fully agreed and I’ve been (probably annoyingly) on here saying the performances have been at exactly the same level all season, which is why I knew we were fucked when M&M came out with the “we were off it today” patter around Christmas. 

Think back to the Montrose and Forfar games straight post lockdown. I reckon we created double the chances v Montrose this weekend than those 2 games combined. We just somehow were solid enough at the back and had a huge mental edge given we were top that basically made teams fear us to somehow see us win those couple of games. Since then a deserved combination of things have transpired meaning we are where we really should have been all season - mid table muck 

I genuinely believe M&M were totally reliant upon signing what they saw as a core squad of players who were better than L1 players, and it was this “quality” that would do the business for us. Why? Simply because I think they both knew that they were completely out of their depth, and had nothing whatsoever to offer in terms of team building, tactics, or ability to mould what they had in something that worked.

There was virtually no joined up thinking in terms of signings and were even worse when it came to utilising the loan system. Absolutely gash.

Once Airdrie had beaten us pre lockdown, the whole sorry state of where they and the BoD had taken us was exposed for what it was. It was genuinely the point where the veneer of us somehow being a decent side fell to pieces. Two more howling results followed before lockdown gave them a reprieve. That we came out of lockdown with not a single deficiency having been addressed was truly pitiful.

So we are where we are by way of an “old board” appeasement policy, and a “new board” policy of “we know better than you”. Just a sad and sorry mess of a club from the Chairman down.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will lose but Partick won’t lose in Montrose so another two games awaits IMO

I think it's very likely you'll be in the play-offs too.

Once there, there's a reasonable chance of you stumbling through successfully.  The other sides in there won't be especially strong in absolute terms.  It's just that they'll be punching at something closer to their weight than Falkirk are.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think it's very likely you'll be in the play-offs too.

Once there, there's a reasonable chance of you stumbling through successfully.  The other sides in there won't be especially strong in absolute terms.  It's just that they'll be punching at something closer to their weight than Falkirk are.

Stop.

"The sum total of Falkirk's efforts I've seen this season is the Durnan video of shame, but I'm going to predict a reasonable chance of success based on reasons. Oh and I'm going to disregard the opinions of people who actually have suffered them all season"

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"The sum total of Falkirk's efforts I've seen this season is the Durnan video of shame, but I'm going to predict a reasonable chance of success based on reasons. Oh and I'm going to disregard the opinions of people who actually have suffered them all season"

You guys have indeed seen much, much more of this Falkirk side than I have.

However, It's damaged you to such an extent that all capacity for objectivity has deserted you.  Promotion remains distinctly possible, although the odds are against it.

That's all.

If we had Dixon, Connolly and Telfer available I'd be confident of making it through the play-offs 

But the fact that they're out for the season plus Holt's brand of football seems to be just as chronic as M&Ms means I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You guys have indeed seen much, much more of this Falkirk side than I have.

However, It's damaged you to such an extent that all capacity for objectivity has deserted you.  Promotion remains distinctly possible, although the odds are against it.

That's all.

Theoretically possible would be a better way of putting it, from a Falkirk fans pov.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If we had Dixon, Connolly and Telfer available I'd be confident of making it through the play-offs 

But the fact that they're out for the season plus Holt's brand of football seems to be just as chronic as M&Ms means I'm not so sure.

Has that been confirmed? No chance we see any of them if we do end up with more games?